Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please help me find speakers for 2 channel music

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 John Stockton

John Stockton

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 09:33 AM

I am looking for a pair of speakers that are only going to be used for listening to music. So naturally they would have to reproduce music as accurately as possible. My budget is $200-300. Can anyone recommend any speakers at that price range?? Thanks

#2 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,830 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 20 2012 - 10:13 AM

Mordaunt Short Carnival KEF iQ JBL Infinity BIC Klipsch Polk Wharfedale Axiom Ascend Acoustics Sony Yamaha Pioneer Dayton

#3 of 4 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,130 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 10:27 PM

Whenever I hear "as accurately as possible", I recommend starting with Canadian speakers; so Axiom, Paradigm, PSB. Understand though that your price range is low for the mid-tier quality and accuracy your adjectives suggest. You will probably have to go to the $500 level.

#4 of 4 Mr645

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted December 20 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm thinking a pair of Vandersteen Model 1B. Used of course, but probably one of the best musical speakers in that price range. Also failrly full range so a sub I would consider optional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users