-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anchor Bay Press Release: Killing Them Softly (DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,237 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 12:42 AM

ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT & THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY

PROUDLY PRESENT

KILLING THEM SOFTLY

STARRING BRAD PITT, SCOOT MCNAIRY, BEN MENDELSOHN, RICHARD JENKINS, JAMES GANDOLFINI, RAY LIOTTA,

and SAM SHEPARD

«««

-Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

“Brad Pitt is menacingly good”

-Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly

Available on DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack on March 26, 2013

BEVERLY HILLS, CA – Anchor Bay Entertainment and The Weinstein Company announced today the release of KILLING THEM SOFTLY, available on DVD and Blu-ray™ + DVD Combo Pack March 26, 2013. The film was written and directed by Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford). KILLING THEM SOFTLY’s SRP is $39.99 for the BD+DVD+DC Combo Pack and $29.98 for the DVD. Pre-book date is February 27, 2013.

Todd McCarthy of The Hollywood Reporter called KILLING THEM SOFTLY"A juicy, bloody, grimy crime drama that satisfies!" Rolling Stone film critic, Peter Travers wrote, "The acting is aces, especially Pitt mixing it up with the superb James Gandolfini...They make this movie a potently nasty provocation." In his review for The Telegraph, Tim Robey called the film, “An electrifying thriller!”

Brad Pitt delivers an explosive performance as Jackie Cogan, an enforcer for the Mob in Andrew Dominik’s gritty yet stylish crime thriller KILLING THEM SOFTLY. Cogan must restore order in the criminal economy after a Mob protected card game is heisted by a group of inexperienced crooks. Brad Pitt stars along with Richard JenkinsJames Gandolfini, Ray Liotta, Scoot McNairy, Ben MendelsohnVincent Curatola, Max Casella, Trevor Long, Slaine and Sam Shepard.

The KILLING THEM SOFTLY Blu-ray™ + DVD + DC Combo Pack special features include Deleted Scenes and The Making of Killing Them Softly.

Learn more about KILLING THEM SOFTLY at: www.killingthemsoftlymovie.com.

ABOUT THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY

The Weinstein Company (TWC) is a multimedia production and distribution company launched in October 2005 by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, the brothers who founded Miramax Films in 1979. TWC also encompasses Dimension Films, the genre label founded in 1993 by Bob Weinstein, which has released such popular franchises as SCREAM, SPY KIDS and SCARY MOVIE. Together TWC and Dimension Films have released a broad range of mainstream, genre and specialty films that have been commercial and critical successes.  TWC releases took home eight 2012 Academy Awards®, the most wins in the studio’s history. The tally included Best Picture for Michel Hazanavicius’s THE ARTIST and Best Documentary Feature for TJ Martin and Dan Lindsay’s UNDEFEATED. THE ARTIST brought TWC its second consecutive Best Picture statuette following the 2011 win for Tom Hooper’s THE KING’S SPEECH.   Since 2005, TWC and Dimension Films have released such films as GRINDHOUSE; I’M NOT THERE; THE GREAT DEBATERS; VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA; THE READER; THE ROAD; HALLOWEEN; THE PAT TILLMAN STORY; PIRANHA 3D; INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS; A SINGLE MAN; BLUE VALENTINE; THE COMPANY MEN; MIRAL; SCRE4M; SUBMARINE; DIRTY GIRL; APOLLO 18; OUR IDIOT BROTHER; I DON’T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT; SARAH’S KEY; SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD IN 4D; MY WEEK WITH MARILYN; THE IRON LADY; W.E.; CORIOLANUS; UNDEFEATED; THE ARTIST; and BULLY. Currently in release are LAWLESS, THE MASTER, THE INTOUCHABLES and THIS MUST BE THE PLACE. Upcoming releases include QUARTET, DJANGO UNCHAINED and ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH.   TWC is also active in television production, led by former Miramax Films President of Production and current President of Television Meryl Poster, with credits including the Emmy® nominated and Peabody Award winning reality series Project Runway, spin-off series Project Runway All Stars and Project Accessory, the VH1 reality series Mob Wives, spin-off series Big Ang and Mob Wives: Chicago, and the critically acclaimed HBO comedy/crime series The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency which also received a Peabody Award. The company is currently in pre-production on the martial-arts epic Marco Polo for Starz. TWC additionally has 17 series in different stages of development, including The Nanny Diaries, being adapted for ABC by Amy Sherman Palladino (Gilmore Girls).

ABOUT ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT

Anchor Bay Entertainment is a leading home entertainment company.  Anchor Bay acquires and distributes feature films, original television programming including STARZ Original series, children's entertainment, anime (Manga Entertainment), fitness (Anchor Bay Fitness), sports, and other filmed entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray™ formats.  The company has long term distribution agreements in place for select programming with AMC Networks, RADiUS, and The Weinstein Company. Headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, Anchor Bay Entertainment has offices in Troy, MI, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Anchor Bay Entertainment (www.anchorbayentertainment..com) is a Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) business, www.starz.com.

#  #  #

KILLING THEM SOFTLY  BLU-RAY™ Combo Pack

(Blu-ray™ + DVD+ Digital Copy)

Street date:                   March 26, 2013

Pre-book:                       February 27, 2013

Catalog #:                                BD24757

UPC:                                        0 1313 24757-9 0 80

Run time:                                 98 Minutes      

Rating:                                     R

SRP:                            $39.99

Format:                        Widescreen Presentation 2.40

Audio:                          5.1 DTSHD-MA

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,880 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 19 2012 - 01:43 AM

Wow, my coworker tried to go see this last week but it was already out of the theater! Anyone see it?

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 7 Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,155 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 03:41 AM

Wow, my coworker tried to go see this last week but it was already out of the theater! Anyone see it?

Yes, I've seen it. For what it's worth, here's the mini review I wrote on it: After an illegal poker game (under mafia sanction) is robbed by two small time hoods (Scoot McNairy, Ben Mendelsohn), a hit man (Brad Pitt) is brought in to not only find out who robbed the game but to execute them. Based on the 1974 novel Cogan's Trade by George V. Higgins, the film tries too hard to be cool and what we end up with is a stylish but empty vessel. Andrew Dominik's last film Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford was one of the great American films of the last decade but fearing a sophomore stumble, I went in with lowered expectations. Alas, I should have lowered them more. A really disappointing film. Dominik has gussied up the film, bookending the film with Obama speeches, in an attempt to tie in the current economical situation in the U.S. with the film's cynical portrait of a corrupt America spawning the vermin who populate the film. No surprise, Pitt delivers another finely etched performance (no one else in the film matches him), too good for the movie because it exposes how rotten everything else is in it. Instead of being shocked or repelled by the violence like we would be in a Peckinpah film, Dominik lingers over it in slow motion from various angles until one wants to scream, "Enough already!". With Ray Liotta, James Gandolfini, Richard Jenkins and Sam Shepard.

#4 of 7 CSeabrook22

CSeabrook22

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 02:59 AM

Excited for this. This is a movie I wanted to see but not for $10. Pitt still has it.

#5 of 7 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,117 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted December 26 2012 - 06:29 AM

The film was really hit and miss all around. It was great seeing the cast but it seems like most were just on auto pilot playing types of characters they've done much better in the past. The directing style was just weird to say the least and the political stuff was just.... I don't know, out of place perhaps. I guess the point was to say that mobsters and gangsters are effected by the bad economy but I doubt most will give a damn about that.

#6 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,237 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 07:37 AM

Updated with official press release and new artwork

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#7 of 7 kingfish

kingfish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 12:43 PM

i wonder if we will see gangster squad anytime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users