What's new

lucy show complete series (1 Viewer)

rkofan87

Grip
Real Name
tyler
is the lucy show complete series a good deal for 115$ and no pic of it its on amazon

I finally gave this show a chance this past fall. I had avoided it for some reason. I love it! It's one of those cozy, feel good shows. The first two seasons are very similar to I Love Lucy, considering the same production team worked on both. I can't wait to see the rest!

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Eric, be warned: after Season 3 when Viv and the kids leave, it becomes a totally different show, so after Season 3, you've seen the best of the series. There are a few hidden gems in the later California seasons, but not enough to even come close to all the ones in Season 1.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Ironically, Here's Lucy takes the opposite approach and actually improves in its last 2 seasons. In fact, the final episode of the series "Lucy Fights the System" is one of the best of the whole series.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Kasey said:
Ironically, Here's Lucy takes the opposite approach and actually improves in its last 2 seasons. In fact, the final episode of the series "Lucy Fights the System" is one of the best of the whole series.
Lucy breaking her leg and generally getting older actually helped the last two seasons of Here's Lucy because they forced her to start relying more on her supporting team, which gave Lucie Arnaz, Gale and especially forsaken character people like Mary Jane Croft more time in the spotlight. Also, when Lucy was in a cast, Uncle Harry was no longer quite as bombastic, his character softened a bit and at fleeting moments, you saw that they genuinely cared for one another -- a badly needed adjustment in tone. While HL never came close to being 1/10 as good as I Love Lucy and many episodes remain silly beyond belief, the last two seasons do have some watchable episodes.

I'm going to finish both series since (cliche time) I love Lucy and I would like to have her entire tv output (especially the series.) So, in 2013, I will continue to push through The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. They have great color, if nothing else.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
eric scott richard said:
I'm going to finish both series since (cliche time) I love Lucy and I would like to have her entire tv output (especially the series.) So, in 2013, I will continue to push through The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. They have great color, if nothing else.
HL also has fantastic bonus extras and every episode is introduced by Lucie, Desi Jr. or a featured player or guest star. For instance, Petula Clark introduces her guest outing! There's great fun to be had with those sets even though one has to wonder how much better Lucy's late career would have been if Desi Sr. and Jess Oppenheimer were still around to offer guidance if nothing else.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
The final season of "Here's Lucy" was released just recently, so now that whole series is available as well. It is good to see some of those episodes again. I particularly like the episode where Lucy meets Lucille Ball. It is a promotion for MAME, of course, and I recall watching that episode as a 10 year old. There are a few clunkers in Season 6, but there are some really good ones as well, especially when Lucie Arnaz is allowed to really shine. One episode in which she pretends to be a lousy waitress is really fun.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
I just noticed on amazon that the I Love Lucy series has been re-issued with really terrible cartoon covers. Why change them? I thought the original box sets had very attractive art work.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
rmw650 said:
Now we just wait for Life With Lucy to be released and that should be most everything of hers available, with the exception of a Lucy special she shot in Nashville at the Opry.
There are two "Ricardo" adventures that have not been released. They'd make nice extras (and selling points) on a LIFE WITH LUCY set, if rights could be cleared.
- A 1959 episode of NBC's SUNDAY SHOWCASE, "The Milton Berle Special." Ricky and the band are hired by Berle for his new Las Vegas revue; Lucy gets herself and Berle mixed up with a couple of jewel thieves
- A 1959 episode of THE ANN SOTHERN SHOW, "The Lucy Story." Lucy and Ricky (Desi does not appear in the episode) have a big agrument, and Lucy takes a solo vacation at the Bartley House Hotel to cool off

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks