What's new

Yamaha RX-A810BL vs Pioneer VSX-1122-K (1 Viewer)

roodi

Auditioning
Real Name
roodi
So I had made up my mind to buy the Pioneer VSX-1122, but a friend has an older but never used Yamaha RX-A810BL he is offering it for just a little bit more then the Pioneer. From what I have heard, I like the sound of the Yamaha better, but I have not viewed it and have heard its video processor is kinda bad.
Now, I do not know what to get.
The Yamaha is loaded with tons of options that I do not need but would not complain about having. The Pioneer is from a major retail chain, so if there are any problems with it I would be dealing with a major store that can give me options. As opposed to a fight with a friend...
So chime in and let me know what you think. Besides pure tech specs, there is the friend situation that could get messy so please think about that aspect as you give your opinion.
Thanks again!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
On the basis of audio, the Yamaha is likely to be a little better all around (and it will be less likely to break on you). That said, how important is video processing? Most of the time you can disable those features in the receiver's menu, so you may be able to ignore that factor provided you're just passing through content and letting your display scale it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks