Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,550 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:30 AM

9cdfdc08_D5FF08A8-CFEE-428D-A83A-3D82E25

For the First Time on Blu-ray™, Own this Once-in-a-Generation Academy Award Winning 

Contemporary Classic with Astonishing Special Effects and -New Digital Restoration! 

25TH Anniversary Edition 

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT 

Available on Blu-ray Combo Pack March 12, 2013 

Synopsis: A toon hating detective is a cartoon rabbit's only hope to prove his innocence when he is accused of murder. Four time Academy Award® Winner (1988) for Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Effects Editing and Special Achievement in Animation Direction. 

Cast: Bob Hoskins (Hook, Brazil) as Eddie Valiant, Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future trilogy) as Judge Doom, Joanna Cassidy (Blade Runner, Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead) as Dolores, Charles Fleischer (Back to the Future Part II, A Nightmare on Elm Street) as Roger Rabbit, Benny the Cab, Greasy & Psycho voice 

Director: Robert Zemeckis (Flight, Back to the Future trilogy) 

Writers: Novel “Who Censored Roger Rabbit”- Gary K. Wolf (Roller Coaster Rabbit, Trail Mix Up) 

Screenplay - Jeffrey Price & Peter S. Seaman (Shrek the Third, How the Grinch Stole Christmas) 

Exec. Producers: Steven Spielberg (Lincoln, Jurassic Park) and Kathleen Kennedy (Lincoln, War Horse) 

Assoc. Producers: Don Hahn (Frankenweenie, Lion King) and Steve Starkey (Flight, Real Steel) 

Producers: Frank Marshall (The Bourne Legacy, War Horse) and Robert Watts (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Raiders of the Lost Arc) 

Release Date: March 12, 2013 (Direct Pre-book:1/15; Distributor Pre-book: 1/29) 

Suggested Retail Price: $26.50 U.S. / Canada (Blu-ray Combo Pack with DVD in both amarays available in US only) 

Bonus Features: The Roger Rabbit Shorts (Digitally Restored) 

o Tummy Trouble, Roller-Coaster Rabbit & Trail Mix-Up 

Who Made Roger Rabbit?, Theatrical Trailer, Deleted Scene: “Pig’s Head”, On Set! Benny The Cab, Behind The Ears: The True Story, Before & After Split-Screen, Toon Stand-Ins, Feature Audio Commentary, Toontown Confidential Feature Trivia Subs, “The Valiant Files" Interactive Set-Top Gallery 

Ratings: PG 

Feature Run Time: 104 minutes 

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 

Audio: Dolby Digital Surround Sound 

Languages: English, French 

Subtitles: English, French & Spanish

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,384 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 15 2012 - 03:43 AM

Pre-ordered with the link. I love this movie.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,048 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted December 15 2012 - 04:33 AM

Where's the link?

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,384 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 04:50 AM

In the first post.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 26 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:43 PM

I knew something else had to be coming with Hunchback 1/2.

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:52 PM

Where's the link?

It must be invisible, because the first post looks blank to me too.

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 02:01 PM

This seems to be the link: http://rcm.amazon.co...sins=B00AO686G0

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 15 2012 - 02:05 PM

It's very visible on my end...I just pre-ordered it using the link.

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted December 15 2012 - 02:31 PM

It's very visible on my end...I just pre-ordered it using the link.

Just tried it with a different browser and it's there. There seem to be a problem seeing it with GoogleChrome. Edit: Actually the problem is with GoogleChrome's ad-blocking. If you pause ad-block, it will show up.

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,550 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 11:09 AM

Updated with press release

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   Matt Lucas

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 07:00 AM

I'm happy that this one is coming to blu-ray, and if it only included the film, I'd be happy. ...but...! It appears that all of the bonus features are ported over from the Vista DVD release. Are there any new features on the BR release? Thanks, matt

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 21 2013 - 07:52 AM

Hopefully the shorts are HD 1080p.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,396 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted February 22 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'm happy that this one is coming to blu-ray, and if it only included the film, I'd be happy. ...but...! It appears that all of the bonus features are ported over from the Vista DVD release. Are there any new features on the BR release? Thanks, matt

These might be new: o Audio commentary with filmmakers Robert Zemeckis, Frank Marshall, Jeffrey Price, Peter Seaman, Steve Starkey, and Ken Ralston o Before And After o On Set! Benny The Cab

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#14 of 26 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 22 2013 - 07:45 AM

Another DVD I can safely retire.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,384 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 08:29 AM

These might be new: o Audio commentary with filmmakers Robert Zemeckis, Frank Marshall, Jeffrey Price, Peter Seaman, Steve Starkey, and Ken Ralston o Before And After o On Set! Benny The Cab

That commentary looks like it might be assembled from previously recorded interviews. In general, I find them not that interesting. But bring on the movie.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 09:18 AM

All of that was on the DVD and the commentary WAS recorded in a group setting.

#17 of 26 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,384 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 01:35 PM

That's good to know. Thanks.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hopefully the shorts are HD 1080p.

They are. Only the last one looks especially good, however. I have the blu-ray--honestly, it's pretty good for what it is, but they really needed to go back to the film elements and recomposite the whole thing. There's too many process shots in which the animated characters are translucent. There's also some pretty bad contrast in night scenes. Not their best effort.

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   Norbert Mars

Norbert Mars

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 03:30 PM

Unimpressed that on the UK Bluray at least there's no mention whatsoever on the packaging of Richard Williams Studios involvement.

#20 of 26 ONLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,944 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 11:17 AM

Is there a way to tell by the package if the DVD is fullframe or widescreen?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users