Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

use bluray-player as mediaplayer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   borisbastos

borisbastos

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:14 AM

hi, i'm looking to set up a home theater network. I was thinking of buying a mediaplayer (type Mede8er) to stream audio and video from my pc. Besides that i would also need a dvd- or bluray-layer. Then I was looking at Pioneer's BPD150 network enabled bluray-player. It would be handier to get it all in one machine, excludes the use of one more remote. Does this cover the same functionality as a media player? How about an interface. The reason i wanted a media player is because you get a handy interface on your screen to scroll through your libraries. How does that work with a media player? Does that also come with an interface? If both my pc and bluray-player would be DLNA-certified, they can communicate with each other, but how can i get to see the files onmy pc displayed on my bluray-player, or does it show on the TV connected to it? I'm quite a noob on this, so any help is much appreciated. Thx B

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   borisbastos

borisbastos

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:17 AM

[quote name="borisbastos" url="/t/326050/use-bluray-player-as-mediaplayer#post_4013907"]How does that work with a media player? Does that also come with an interface?/quote] I mean a bluray-player? Does that come with an interface? I did see that Pioneer also offers iControlAV, an app for tablet or smartphone. Maybe this answers my question? B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users