What's new

Newbie here, looking to start off my HT with a budget. (1 Viewer)

TheDude7

Auditioning
Real Name
Tavo C.
Hey guys, thanks for taking a moment to read up and help me out, I'm in a huge dilemma, I want to give myself a X-Mas present, in form of a Home Theatre, and I've been wanting the Onkyo HT-S5400 but recently I began to doubt my own choice, I've been reading so much all over the internet, I got lost in perspective, and I would love some guidence.
I even was 100% sure on getting the Bose Cinemate II at some point (don't slap me I already know), then I've seen that the way to go is a Receiver and two front speakers and a bass.
So now I don't even know what to get, at the moment I have $400-$450 (without tax) to spend on something, and I would like at least 3 options that may be a good start, and please keep in mind the least I need to spend the better, $450 would be pushing it, only if it's really necessary.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What sources you got?
And visit A4L...the two "best deals" on AVR(with a small budget) are the...
Onkyo RC330 (which works fine if everything is HDMI)
Denon AVR591 if you have a Wii or VCR etc.
Lots of speakers you can choose from...
Sony and BIC from Amazon.
Infinity Prelude from Fry.
Polk Monitor from NewEgg.

TheDude7

Auditioning
Real Name
Tavo C.
Well sources have been forums mostly, and I tend to go a lot by specs, also, I own a PS3, so having those HDMI ports would be great, and yeah I would stick with Amazon and Newegg preferably.

TheDude7

Auditioning
Real Name
Tavo C.
>< lol, now I feel even more noobish, I'm connecting like I mentioned the PS3, a Wii and a HD Cable box

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Then I suggest the Denon AVR591, your choice where to get it, even used...
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR591/DENON-AVR-591-5.1-Channel-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-591-5-1-Channel-120-Watt-Receiver-Home-Theater-Surround-AV-3D-Ready-/330841802582?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item4d07b54756 (Ebay has several)
And once you pick your AVR, then we can discuss speakers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks