Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CHINA BEACH IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 of 72 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 842 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 12:35 PM

Okay, 268 cleared songs... Is there a list out there of how many songs there were in the network run, and how close to original airing this will really be with (an amazing) 268 cleared songs?
I couldn't find a definitive song list, but at 62 shows, 268 songs is 4.3 per episode!

#42 of 72 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey Shore

Posted February 08 2013 - 09:49 PM

Pre-ordered my CHINA BEACH DVD set on the Time Life website - Man, I have waited years for this. While searching the web, I found, on actor Robert Picardo's website, some new cast reunion interviews with Dana Delaney, Marg Helgenberger, Robert Picardo, Michael Boatman, Chloe Webb and John Wells (Producer/Writer). Check out the link (You can probably also find this by searching on YouTube): http://robertpicardo.com/

#43 of 72 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 11:26 AM

Didn't think we would ever have a chance to see this come to DVD, at least with as much of the music that will be included. I will definitely be ordering this, but would also like to know what songs are included.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#44 of 72 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,662 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted February 10 2013 - 02:41 PM

I remember back when this show debuted and I think I watched maybe one episode and wasn't into it... but I was so much younger then and my interests are so much more diverse now. Now I'm intrigued and would love to be able to watch the show. But it's a take-it-or-leave-it $200 offer. That's $50 per season which would be a lot to pay for a Blu-ray set, let alone DVD! I just wish there was a way to watch the show without having to make such a huge investment.

#45 of 72 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,416 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 02:52 PM

I remember back when this show debuted and I think I watched maybe one episode and wasn't into it... but I was so much younger then and my interests are so much more diverse now. Now I'm intrigued and would love to be able to watch the show. But it's a take-it-or-leave-it $200 offer. That's $50 per season which would be a lot to pay for a Blu-ray set, let alone DVD! I just wish there was a way to watch the show without having to make such a huge investment.
Hang loose for a few months, It will wind up in someone's "Bargain Bin" for $20 a Season, or even cheaper! It may also be offered by someone as a "Doorbuster" during November's "National Day of Insanity". :laugh:

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#46 of 72 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,662 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted February 10 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hang loose for a few months, It will wind up in someone's "Bargain Bin" for $20 a Season, or even cheaper! It may also be offered by someone as a "Doorbuster" during November's "National Day of Insanity". :laugh:
Not gonna happen. China Beach will be available exclusively through Time Life and they will never put it on sale. It might be possible to get it second hand on ebay but I wouldn't count on it. :(

#47 of 72 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 03:24 PM

Time-Life never discounts the price of the products they sell. I also assume the price is higher to pay for the music rights.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#48 of 72 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,416 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 03:50 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember when they first sold The Six Million Dollar Man they wanted something like $250.00 for it, then a year later the price went down to $112.00. A similar thing happened to their The Man from U.N.C.L.E. set IICRC.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#49 of 72 OFFLINE   Brian McHale

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor

• 514 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 08:49 AM

"I just wish there was a way to watch the show without having to make such a huge investment." My feelings as well. I think I saw one episode of this and thought it looked interesting, but never gave it a chance. After seeing Dana Delaney on Castle and watching Body of Proof, I've become a fan and would like to get a chance to see this. Unfortunately, $200 to watch a show I might end up liking just doesn't make any sense. For those who are fans, I'm happy for you. Unfortunately, for those who would like to be able to check it out without putting out the big bucks, I guess we're out of luck.
Brian

#50 of 72 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:05 AM

Everybody, go to the TV SHOWS ON DVD website. There is an extensive news release with the list of music by each and every episode, 302 songs in all. ENJOY, its going to be some groovy listening this Spring.

#51 of 72 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 842 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:36 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember when they first sold The Six Million Dollar Man they wanted something like $250.00 for it, then a year later the price went down to $112.00.
That's correct. There were several promos for the SM$M set within the first year. I ordered it on a 20% off promo with free shipping. It's currently on sale for $199

#52 of 72 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,165 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 05:56 AM

What i'd like to knw is what songs they COULDN'T clear!

#53 of 72 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think maybe a few Beatles songs here and there. I remember a few from during the shows' run.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#54 of 72 OFFLINE   sullum

sullum

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 05:38 AM

What i'd like to knw is what songs they COULDN'T clear!
I know of one. During the China Beach's original run I remember an episode that when returning from commercial a Vietnamese person in the "Jet Set" (the name of the on base bar) lip synced a song from the jukebox. This was a Jimmy Dean "B" side song that I had when I was young on an old 45 called "I Won't Go Huntin' With You Jake (But I'll Go Chasin' Wimmin)" (I'm pretty sure all the spelling is correct). Never mind what the title meant (to an impressionable young mind), it was just a fun little country novelty song. I have already ordered the set, but a couple of years ago, back when this release seemed an impossibility I obtained the crappy bootleg copy, it didn't have the song either. It's not a big deal, but I remember seeing that scene and laughing my ass off because I thought I'd never hear of that song again!

#55 of 72 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,403 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted February 28 2013 - 06:04 AM

I know of one. During the China Beach's original run I remember an episode that when returning from commercial a Vietnamese person in the "Jet Set" (the name of the on base bar) lip synced a song from the jukebox. This was a Jimmy Dean "B" side song that I had when I was young on an old 45 called "I Won't Go Huntin' With You Jake (But I'll Go Chasin' Wimmin)" (I'm pretty sure all the spelling is correct). Never mind what the title meant (to an impressionable young mind), it was just a fun little country novelty song. I have already ordered the set, but a couple of years ago, back when this release seemed an impossibility I obtained the crappy bootleg copy, it didn't have the song either. It's not a big deal, but I remember seeing that scene and laughing my ass off because I thought I'd never hear of that song again!
It's on Columbia's greatest hits release of Jimmy Dean. It was on the original LP and it's also on the CD reissue. :cool:

CBS = Constantly Being Stalled

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#56 of 72 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,372 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted April 05 2013 - 03:16 PM

Bumping this up since we're only a little over a week from this shipping, plus TVSOD gave a first look at the 8x10s in the deluxe box

http://www.tvshowson...ollection/18295

#57 of 72 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,372 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:40 PM

So... anyone's box set shipped yet?

#58 of 72 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,888 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 09:26 PM

I liked the handful episodes I saw back during my college days and had been hoping for it to arrive on DVD, but guess I'll probably need to wait longer as $200 for the set is a bit much for me -- and I do have too much of a backlog to catch up on anyhow. I'm sure my former-coworker friend won't hesitate to jump on it at that price though. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#59 of 72 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hey everyone, I just checked the TIME LIFE website ("Track My Order"). Yesterday the status was "Backordered", today it says that "Shipment is being prepared for delivery". Have a great weekend - and it looks like next week, we'll all be watching CHINA BEACH!

#60 of 72 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:21 PM

UPDATE: CHINA BEACH shipped today, Time Life website is providing tracking info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users