56 replies to this topic

#1 of 57 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 57 benbess

benbess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:47 AM

Wow. Some incredible deals on these classics. They'd make good gifts. Interesting pairing of Ten Commandments and Ben Hur.

#3 of 57 Scott D S

Scott D S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:52 AM

So who's up for two-pack of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and 2001: A Space Odyssey? :D

#4 of 57 Brian McP

Brian McP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 12:55 PM

"Casablanca" and "The African Queen" -- great double, as is "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" -- any details on whether these include the extras the original dvd releases had? Also is "The Ten Commandments" on one or two discs? Flipper discs?

#5 of 57 Garysb

Garysb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 01:02 PM

Nice to see Warner Bros. exploiting its new Paramount library lease and not just replenishing existing stock as needed. Can't wait for new to blu releases.

#6 of 57 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• PipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted December 12 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hope we get "condor" back in print on Blu
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#7 of 57 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:27 PM

"Casablanca" and "The African Queen" -- great double, as is "Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" -- any details on whether these include the extras the original dvd releases had? Also is "The Ten Commandments" on one or two discs? Flipper discs?

Have there been any blu-ray flipper dics?? I don't think I have any--

#8 of 57 benbess

benbess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:48 PM

Jeff Baker of WB HV says this in the other thread: "You're going to see some incredible products coming from Warner Brothers with Paramount next year. We're basically going to co-mingle the libraries. Together we're going to create multi-features that are totally logical and then we think there will be great consumer demand for. I'll give you an example. Two of the biggest epic religious films of all time Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments, well, we got Ben-Hur at Warner Brothers and of course then The Ten Commandments was with Paramount. We're going to do a double feature on Blu-ray and standard definition of that." Standard definition?? Hmmm....

#9 of 57 MLamarre

MLamarre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:41 PM

Se7en / Zodiac Badlands / Days of Heaven Hud / Cool Hand Luke To Catch a Thief / North by Northwest would be pretty sweet.

#10 of 57 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,902 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ethan Riley 

Have there been any blu-ray flipper dics?? I don't think I have any--

When The Bourne Trilogy films were issued on separate discs and not in the box set, each disc had Blu-ray on one side and the DVD version on the other. Those are the ones I bought.

#11 of 57 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• PipPipPip
  • 7,209 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:31 AM

What an extraordinary program! As long as quality is held, and there is no reason why it should not be, this is a huge WIN-WIN for both the studio as well as the consumer. RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#12 of 57 Douglas R

Douglas R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:32 AM

These Warner/Paramount combinations aren't very helpful for people like me who identify films by the studio which made them and store their discs by studio. I kid you not - all my Warner Bros titles for example are in alphabetical order on one shelf. Where would I put BEN-HUR/THE TEN COMMANDMENTS? :D

#13 of 57 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• PipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted December 13 2012 - 07:22 AM

Get a blank case and make an insert for the other disc :)
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#14 of 57 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Advanced Member

• 2,720 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:26 AM

I would like to see a 3-D Blu-ray double feature of HONDO and CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER.

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

As there has been some colorful debate about the meaning of "Director-approved" transfers and how it relates to how widespread 1.66 was in the UK, I will make the following point. The dominant aspect ratio at British Studios between 1955-1970 WAS 1.75. This is based on research going through trade listings of hundreds of British films, as well as studio archives and other primary sources. 1.85 was the second most listed aspect ratio, with 1.65/1.66 a distant third.

Tom Crossplot - July 2013

#15 of 57 Timothy E

Timothy E

Advanced Member

• 820 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek 

I would like to see a 3-D Blu-ray double feature of HONDO and CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER.

I would buy that combo on release date!

#16 of 57 KMR

KMR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:14 AM

These Warner/Paramount combinations aren't very helpful for people like me who identify films by the studio which made them and store their discs by studio. I kid you not - all my Warner Bros titles for example are in alphabetical order on one shelf. Where would I put BEN-HUR/THE TEN COMMANDMENTS? :D

That's easy: just buy two copies! I'm sure the studio wouldn't mind...

#17 of 57 stevenHa

stevenHa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:07 PM

Boy I wish Warner could make a deal with Universal for their Paramount titles that they're neglecting - I'm waiting for blu rays of For Whom the Bell Tolls, Sabrina, etc....

#18 of 57 Scott D S

Scott D S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 04:07 PM

A Joe Dante two-pack with Explorers and Innerspace... Come on, studios, let's make this happen! :)

#19 of 57 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 12:17 AM

The possibilities are endless here, and fun to contemplate: AIRPLANE!/ZERO HOUR SUPER FLY/SUPER FLY TNT THE BROTHERHOOD/LEPKE FOUL PLAY/WRONGFULLY ACCUSED NORTH DALLAS FORTY/ANY GIVEN SUNDAY KING KONG (1933)/KING KONG (1976)-Finally! LIPSTICK / MASCARA ORCA / FREE WILLY PET SEMETARY/ SILVER BULLET / THE SHINING/ CATS EYE THE ELEPHANT MAN /RAT BOY THE COWBOYS/ TRUE GRIT THE SHOOTIST / STAGECOACH BLACK SUNDAY / THE LAST BOY SCOUT SHARKYS MACHINE/ HUSTLE/ ROUGH CUT / CITY HEAT SERPICO/ DOG DAY AFTERNOON NETWORK / THE TRUMAN SHOW PATERNITY/ STARTING OVER / BEST FRIENDS / BOOGIE NIGHTS DR. JECKYLL AND MR. HYDE / JECKYLL AND HYDE : TOGETHER AGAIN STRAIGHT TIME / AGATHA / MARATHON MAN / WHO IS HARRY KELLERMAN...? THE LITTLE PRINCE / A LITTLE PRINCESS SAVE THE TIGER / THE PRISONER OF SECOND AVE BUG/THEM/THE NAKED JUNGLE/ 8 LEGGED FREAKS MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS/ THE LAST OF SHEILA PRETTY BABY/ PRETTY BABY THE GREAT GATSBY (74) / THE GREAT GATSBY (2013) WILLARD / BEN / OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN / DEADLY EYES ROSEMARYS BABY/ BLESS THIS CHILD / THE STRANGER WITHIN / THE ASTRONAUTS WIFE AN ALMOST PERFECT AFFAIR / DAY FOR NIGHT THE LEGEND OF BAGGER VANCE / TIN CUP MAJOR LEAGUE and MAJOR LEAGUE 2 and 3 can finally be a boxed set~! LITTLE DARLINGS / THE BAD NEWS BEARS / PAPER MOON / INTERNATIONAL VELVET BLOOD BROTHERS / LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR / POWER / BEYOND THE LIMIT

#20 of 57 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,902 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 14 2012 - 01:31 AM

Or some Audrey Hepburn two film editions:

Sabrina/The Nun's Story

Roman Holiday/Wait Until Dark

She was Oscar nominated for all of these roles (and won for Roman Holiday).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users