Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March/April 2013

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#1 of 359 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,232 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:44 AM

6050306f_the-fury-movie-poster-1978-1010 9f85ef66_christine-movie-poster-1983-101 1c3c908c_the-song-of-bernadette-movie-po 1b559027_major-dundee-movie-poster-1965-

THE FURY (1978) BLU-RAY - March 12th
CHRISTINE (1983) BLU-RAY - March 12th
THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - April 9th
MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) BLU-RAY (2-disc set) - April 9th

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 359 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,558 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm in for all 4. Glad to see Major Dundee finally made it.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#3 of 359 OFFLINE   Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 08:40 AM

So far I haven't been enticed by Twilight Time's prices and lack of extras, but I might finally give for The Fury - a personal favorite!

#4 of 359 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,167 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 11 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'll definitely pick up Christine.

#5 of 359 OFFLINE   haineshisway

haineshisway

Screenwriter

• 2,324 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 11 2012 - 09:32 AM

So far I haven't been enticed by Twilight Time's prices and lack of extras, but I might finally give for The Fury - a personal favorite!

I don't know - I've got a check disc of Our Man Flint here and it is LOADED with extras. The times they are a'changin'. Lost Horizon has extras. But in the end are you buying extras or movies? For me, it's the movies - the extras I barely have time for.

#6 of 359 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'll be falling in behind the Major.

#7 of 359 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,697 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 10:14 AM

I don't know - I've got a check disc of Our Man Flint here and it is LOADED with extras. The times they are a'changin'. Lost Horizon has extras. But in the end are you buying extras or movies? For me, it's the movies - the extras I barely have time for.

Both Lost Horizon and Our Man Flint have the extra features ported from the previous DVD. The extras on TT pretty much depend on whether the previous DVD had them. It's not that important really since the majority of studio releases don't make additional new feature for the blu-ray release much these days (the recent Hitchcock and Bond collections being pretty good examples.)

#8 of 359 OFFLINE   Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 10:39 AM

Good to know that Twilight Time is upping the ante on their editions! I wondered if they would use the extras from the DVD of The Fury, but just checked it out - "Trailer, stills gallery, interactive menus, scene selection." In other words, zip. For some reason I thought there was quite a bit on the DVD! Will happily upgrade this movie if the transfer is up to snuff!

#9 of 359 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ron what are the next two months I have not read what they shall be. I loved the restoration on Ranchipur I am very upset over The Song of Bernadette which Fox should have put out. I have read the book many times and watch the movie ever year at Easter. I love Twilight and I want the film in HD so why the complaint? I just feel like Scrooge tonight. I noticed a muffled noise at the start of the credits in Beloved Infidel or was that me?

#10 of 359 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,474 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted December 11 2012 - 12:05 PM

The Song of Bernadette will be my first Twilight Time purchase. Amazing film.

#11 of 359 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted December 11 2012 - 12:36 PM

The Oscar-winning, B&W cinematography of The Song of Bernadette by the great Arthur Miller should shine in TT's BD, if Swamp Water is any indication of the quality of the transfer. I am not a religious person, and yet this beautiful film, so sensitively directed by Henry King, and acted with such sincerity by an inspired cast, almost turns me into a believer. I was lucky to have seen this film in a nitrate 35mm archive print at MOMA, and I can attest to its physical beauty. If TT can surpass it with their transfer, we're in for a very special treat.

#12 of 359 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 12:51 PM

I can remember when I first saw it on ABC Sunday Night at the Movies as a kid a Christmas. Great movie!!!!!!!!!! I have a few Twilight movies and so far cannot complain. My Cousin Rachel is the only other B/W I have from them and that is DVD. I do not have a BD so this will be my first. I had hoped for Id Climb the Highest Mountain and Presdents Lady plus Young Abe Lincoln. Have the next 2 month titles been released and what are they?

#13 of 359 ONLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,855 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:29 PM

The Song of Bernadette is a must buy for me. i wonder if TT will manage to get the original roadshow version with Overture and Intermission?

#14 of 359 OFFLINE   BJQ1972

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 11:13 PM

The Song of Bernadette is a must buy for me.

Me too. I will have to stock up on tissues.

#15 of 359 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,971 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:09 AM

Love Christine and would blind buy the Fury since I'm getting a DePalma jones. Not sure it's worth Twilight Time pricing though... pity.

#16 of 359 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:29 AM

I would love to get The Song of Bernadette before Easter and put away my DVD. Sales would be very strong for it I should think. Easter is early this year too. I sure would be willing to wait for some of the titles I have down if a switch could be made with one of them. But release dates I am sure are hard to change. I can dream though can I not.

#17 of 359 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:29 AM

Douglas R, I hope they do find the overture, etc., to Song of Bernadette. I don't recall it being in the archive print I saw.

#18 of 359 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,934 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:49 AM

Not thrilled with upcoming Fox Titles. I am into the Fox scope stereo movies. Hardly any are being releases the Fox MOD program has titles of the right era, but mostly pan scan. What a wasted oportunity!!! For Foxs own blu rays, they mostly announced black and white films, and so far I can't see the pint of buying hi def black and white. Song of Bernadette looks gret n the regular Fox dvd. It could using a better sounding track, made from an original nitrate print., But I doubt we are going to get that. While benadette had Overture and exit music, it was NOT a roadshow with intermission, even thought Fox originally intended one..

#19 of 359 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:53 AM

I have the first VHS copy put out and it cost 40 dollars. I bought it at Suncoast Video years ago. I then waited and we received the DVD before Christmas as I remember. I watched extras last year again. I would go without them to get this movie. The film at the end I believe shows Bernadette becoming a Saint in Rome in real life. Please correct me someone if I am wrong. I know there are many many fans of this film and that was why I was surprised that Fox was not putting it out. Hey that is OK by me!!!!!! TT is doing it and thank you to them!!!!!!!

#20 of 359 OFFLINE   BJQ1972

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:20 AM

The film at the end I believe shows Bernadette becoming a Saint in Rome in real life. Please correct me someone if I am wrong.

I'm normally in floods of tears at the end, so may have missed that. I had never realised how soon after her canonisation this film was made. To me she has always been St Bernadette.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users