Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer VSX-1021 and Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1CH

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   saga286

saga286

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hello, I just bought this setup in the title. This is literally my first home theater set up. I bought the receiver for $75 and it works great so far, just no manual and no microphone. I really need help with setting up my system. I can figure how to make setting changes if necessary, but can you guys help me on what settings are recommended? Also, I don't understand the ratings on the receiver that well 20hz to 20khz at 90Watts and 1khz at 130 Watts? So far, I can only set up the 2 front speakers with the subwoofer, not enough space right now. Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thank you very much.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 09 2012 - 04:17 PM

Download the owners manual. http://www.pioneerel...vers/VSX-1021-K As for "proper settings"...like... Crossover? How to hook something up? Whether or not to use MCACC?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   saga286

saga286

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 05:36 PM

Basically, crossover settings and any other important settings. I already know how hook things up. I saw Mcacc not exactly sure what it does.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,734 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted December 09 2012 - 10:39 PM

You get a higher power rating at 1 kh because it's easier to drive a single frequency that it is ti drive the full range band (deeper tones are much harder to drive than mid-range and high tones). MCACC sets up the speaker sizes, distances, volumes and crossover settings for you automatically as well as setting the equalizer but you need the setup mic to do it. I'm sure they are available on ebay. You can also do those things manually. Go into the Main Menu and select Manual Setup. Set the Front speaker group to "Small" and the Surround, Surround Back and Center speakers to "None" untill you hook them up as well. Set crossover to 80, 100 or 120, whichever sounds best to you.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users