What's new

WHV Announcement: Ode To Billy Joe (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I guess they figured it would not sell on blu-ray. Oh well, it will street for less than $10.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I suspect that Max Baer Jr. got a contractual stipulation from WB that when he licensed MACON COUNTY LINE to them (after the Anchor Bay deal expired) that it and ODE would go out through WHV proper, and since the Warner Archive didn't exist then, they stuck to that contract to keep him happy; a similar situation likely occurred with Fraser Heston when he licensed MOTHER LODE to them and they gave it a full retail release despite their otherwise diminished interest in catalog product at the time.
As to why it's taken so long for ODE to come out when MACON was so long ago, I suppose it was unexpected problems with the Bobbie Gentry song and/or Michel Legrand score that have mercifully been resolved. Looking forward to picking this up either way!

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Have to agree with that. But ODE TO BILLY JOE "was" announced at least 3 yeears ago with an Amazon preorder page.
I do not think Baer has rights to RETURN TO MACON COUNTY. Very frustratinfg this never made it to dvd or archives. Im sure MGM controls it-which would explain its no show only recently.

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Donnie
DVD Empire has ODE TO BILLY JOE back up for Pre-order for March 12, 2013. Not sure if there is a Blu Ray release...but probably not. Heres hoping we actually see it released this time.

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Donnie
OOPS I'm always late with the scoop...blaahhh! Well I'm happy this is coming.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Totally missed this news until yesterday, along with the fact that CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER was recently released as well. Teaches me I need to visit the DVD forum here much more often than I do these days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks