What's new

Small/compact/mini receiver with HDMI (1 Viewer)

samiam95124

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Moore
Hi,
I am trying to solve a problem. I have a system on top of my bedroom with a TV, Tivo and BD player. All of it is HDMI, in the case of the BD player, it is HDMI only. This means I need an HDMI receiver with at least 2 HDMI ins and an out.
I am presently using a cast off amp from my home theatre system, the standard 17 inch wide by about 5 inch high heat generating monster.
I am really tired of having a huge black brick on top of my dresser. It is good that the receiver makers have finally woken up to the idea that HDMI is not going away and that 3 HDMI imputs is not anywhere near enough. However, the small AMP makers appear to be stuck in the last century HDMI wise.
Anyone know of a small receiver with at least 4 HDMI ins?
A lot of online suggestions I see are to buy a HDMI multiplexer. However, this does not separate audio to the AMP. Also, I would prefer to limit "box proliferation" on my dresser. One box that feeds the wall speakers and switches HDMI is all that should be required. I don't care if it has any other inputs besides HDMI. This is all I use.
Thanks,
Scott

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.amazon.com/Marantz-NR1602-AV-Receiver/dp/B005455PW4/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354739822&sr=1-3&keywords=marantz+nr
There are several. Marantz has had the slimline(NR) for a few years. Depending on budget, you can find a new one(as much as $650) or a used one(seen them sell for as little as $200 on Fleabay)...

samiam95124

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Moore
Thanks but do you have any others you know of? It is 17"wide by 14, which is the same as a full size amp, just not as high.
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks