Small/compact/mini receiver with HDMI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   samiam95124

samiam95124

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:33 AM

Hi, I am trying to solve a problem. I have a system on top of my bedroom with a TV, Tivo and BD player. All of it is HDMI, in the case of the BD player, it is HDMI only. This means I need an HDMI receiver with at least 2 HDMI ins and an out. I am presently using a cast off amp from my home theatre system, the standard 17 inch wide by about 5 inch high heat generating monster. I am really tired of having a huge black brick on top of my dresser. It is good that the receiver makers have finally woken up to the idea that HDMI is not going away and that 3 HDMI imputs is not anywhere near enough. However, the small AMP makers appear to be stuck in the last century HDMI wise. Anyone know of a small receiver with at least 4 HDMI ins? A lot of online suggestions I see are to buy a HDMI multiplexer. However, this does not separate audio to the AMP. Also, I would prefer to limit "box proliferation" on my dresser. One box that feeds the wall speakers and switches HDMI is all that should be required. I don't care if it has any other inputs besides HDMI. This is all I use. Thanks, Scott

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:38 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ords=marantz nr There are several. Marantz has had the slimline(NR) for a few years. Depending on budget, you can find a new one(as much as $650) or a used one(seen them sell for as little as $200 on Fleabay)...

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   samiam95124

samiam95124

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:57 AM

Thanks but do you have any others you know of? It is 17"wide by 14, which is the same as a full size amp, just not as high. Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users