Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Enough Air?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 tk78

tk78

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:49 AM

Is this enough air for my Denon 3808CI? We recently bought this tv cabinet and I have never had to have my amp in a enclosed space. There is a couple of inches above the receiver. It's more than what it looks like because there is an extra piece of wood right in front. Just a hole in the back for cables. I'm new to the forum, thanks for your help. I love this receiver, sure don't want it overheating!!

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,614 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:26 AM

Denon, in the manual, says the AVR needs around 10" on each side and 8 inches above(that is at least, the bigger the AVR, the more outer clearance it needs). So, by Denon's standards...no. But, you'd almost have to set the thing on the floor to conform to Denon's standard. Beyond that...you could wire up some little fans that are meant to keep a computer cool. Plans for that all over the web. Then you'd just get a "temp electrical control"... http://www.amazon.co... control outlet The one I linked is on at 120, off at 100. There are other temps you can choose from like on at 78, off at 70....and so on.

#3 of 3 tk78

tk78

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for your help. I cut the back out of the tv cabinet. I am pretty satisfied with the temp right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users