What's new

Rizzoli & Isles Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You know, we're 12 episodes in, and I guess no thread.. at least not through searching. This is a lighthearted romp on TNT and this season has been a lot of fun. It goes into that same category as most USA direct offerings. It is very well shot in HD though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's light and fun mystery/procedural fare, and I look forward to it when it plays. I think Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander have unbeatable chemistry and super timing in their back-and-forth/give-and-take dialogue scenes with one another.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I love R&I. Have never missed an episode. (Doesn't hurt that I've been a huge Angie Harmon fan since her L&O days and loved Sash on NCIS. It is sometimes hard to remember that Maura Isles is played by the same actress who played tough-girl Kate.) It also doesn't hurt that they are both gorgeous, though in totally different ways. (I loved the decontamination scene from last week. May have to transfer that from my TiVo to my laptop. Although it could have used more Maura, and thought Angie looked fantastic.)
The supporting cast is also terrific.
Later,
Joe

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Very enjoyable show. Perfect blend of comedy with a serious background, similar to Bones. DVRd the two latest episodes, looking forward to watching them this weekend.
Never got into the L&O franchise. Which of the hundreds of episodes do I need to look for to find Angie Harmon? Is her accent for real or just something she uses for the R&I series?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Harmon joined L&O (the mothership) as ADA Abby Carmichael in season 9 (1998.) She stayed with the show through the end of season 11. She also appeared in 6 episodes of the spin-off L&O: Special Victims Unit. It has been common practice for characters to cross over among the various L&O series. Harmon's character replaced ADA Jamie Ross (former Bond Girl Carey Lowell, who also played Tom Hanks' late wife in Sleepless in Seattle.) Ross, in turn, replaced ADA Jill Kincaid, played by Jill Hennessy. (Crossing Jordan.) And Carmichael herself was replaced by Serena Southerlyn, played by Elizabeth Rohm. Say what you will Jack McCoy, he had excellent taste in female assistants. ;)
Regards,
Joe

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The accent is Angie's own. In Law & Order, her character was from Texas. In this series, she's supposedly from Boston, but it sounds like the same Angie Harmon to me with no shift to sound more like a Bostonian.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, Angie herself is from Texas, but she basically has a generic American accent and has sounded the same to me in everything she's done from L&O to The Women's Murder Club to films I've seen her in.
I realize my previous post was kinda worthless without pictures:
From top to bottom they are:
Angie
Carey Lowell
Elizabeth Rohm
Jill Hennessy
Oh, what the heck. Sasha Alexander:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks