Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Cloud Atlas (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:12 AM

" A Daring And Visionary film" - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

Explore how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another through the past, present and future when “Cloud Atlas” arrives onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on May 14 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group. Based on the celebrated best-selling novel by David Mitchell, “Cloud Atlas” is directed by acclaimed filmmakers Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, and Andy Wachowski and produced by two-time Oscar® nominee Grant Hill (“The Thin Red Line,” “The Tree of Life”) and three-time BAFTA Award nominee Stefan Arndt (“The White Ribbon,” “Goodbye Lenin!,” “Run Lola Run”).

Academy Award® winners Tom Hanks (“Philadelphia,” “Forrest Gump”) and Halle Berry (“Monster's Ball”) lead a stellar international cast that also includes Oscar® winner Jim Broadbent (“Iris”), Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Doona Bae, Ben Whishaw, James D'Arcy, Xun Zhou, Keith David and David Gyasi, with Oscar® winner Susan Sarandon (“Dead Man Walking”) and Hugh Grant. Each member of the ensemble appears in multiple roles as the story moves through time.

“Cloud Atlas” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and in standard definition on DVD. Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and the single disc DVD include UltraViolet which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition theatrical version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.*

SYNOPSIS
From acclaimed filmmakers Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, and Andy Wachowski, the powerful and inspiring epic drama “Cloud Atlas” explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future. Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution in the distant future.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“Cloud Atlas” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:
· A Film Like No Other
· Everything is Connected
· The Impossible Adaptation
· The Essence of Acting
· Spaceships, Slaves and Sextets
· The Bold Science Fiction of Cloud Atlas
· Eternal Recurrence: Love, Life, and Longing in Cloud Atlas

“Cloud Atlas” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
· A Film Like No Other

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
On May 14, “Cloud Atlas” will be available for download from online retailers including iTunes, Xbox, PlayStation, Amazon, Vudu and CinemaNow. The film will also be available digitally in High Definition (HD) VOD and Standard Definition (SD) VOD from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ULTRAVIOLET
*UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows. Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details. For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices.

BASICS

PRODUCT
Blu-ray Combo Pack [SRP $35.99]
Single disc Amaray (WS) [SRP $28.98]

Standard Street Date: May 14, 2013
DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French
Running Time: 172 minutes
Rating: R by the MPAA for violence, language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use
DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:17 AM

One of my favorites of 2012. I'm sure it will hold up to multiple viewings.

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 09:30 AM

Just saw this film.

I will say this...

I am not certain what I just watched...but something compelled

me to sit through nearly 3 hours of almost utter confusion...

...and in the end, I thought as if I had watched one of the most

remarkable films I had ever seen.

I'm still trying to make sense of it all, but visually, this film is

a cinematic masterpiece.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 26 2012 - 11:57 AM

I heartily recommend the book, although it is structured differently than the movie.

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,197 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 26 2012 - 02:15 PM

i'm trying to convince my manager to get this in for at least one night for those of us who missed it. it was in and out of theaters too fast.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 27 2012 - 10:06 AM

By the way, you can't currently preorder this title. It says instead "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." Then asks for your email address. I was hoping that this would be released soon, but they are probably holding it close to see what comes of Oscar nominations.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 10:08 AM

Steve,

What happens is, Amazon puts these titles up for immediate preorder.

We usually catch it in its first day or two and put the information up on HTF.

Then, I am guessing, the studio finds out the early information is out there

and asks Amazon to pull the preorder.

That is what happened here.  That preorder link was working for the first day or two.

Will let you know when it is live again, if you don't happen to catch it before us.

I am actually going to buy this.  Really enjoyed the film though I have no idea

what the hell I actually watched.  Does that make sense?

Ronald J Epstein

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 27 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yes, you make sense. The stories are linked in one way or another, then there is a whole different level of connection with the actors and actresses playing different roles. Of course, it helps when you can even recognize the characters under all the makeup...

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 08:47 AM

Ronald J Epstein

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 07:50 AM

Notice from Warner Bros:

We have noticed some confusion surrounding the release date of “Cloud Atlas” on home video.

This title will NOT be released on February 5. If you are aware of any articles in your outlet that report this date, please issue a correction.

The street date for “Cloud Atlas” has not been announced by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, but we will be in touch soon with the official press release.

Ronald J Epstein

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted January 31 2013 - 10:02 AM

Can't wait for this one. I hope there is a commentary or some sort of contextual extras. This is going to be one to view multiple times and really become familliar with.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 31 2013 - 10:48 AM

I hope the extra time is to generate substantive extras, too.

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 01:59 PM

I heard that the delay was due to a potential re-release to theaters.

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 31 2013 - 02:47 PM

Why would they re-release a box-office failure?

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 31 2013 - 02:50 PM

Why would they re-release a box-office failure?

I had a bunch of stuff come up when it came it in the theaters in November so if it were re-released, I'd go. That being said, I don't think the theater would be too crowded.

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but that's what I've heard. I think before the oscar nominations came out there was some hope they would get something, hence an awards reissue.

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   David Wilkins

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've heard that it won't be released until June. That's a significant delay.

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:41 AM

They just posted on Facebook that Cloud Atlas will be released on Blu-ray May 14th. Apparently the delay was due to the European theatrical release, which just happened.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 12:30 AM

Updated with new press release and specs.  Still no Amazon preorder

Ronald J Epstein

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,527 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 02 2013 - 06:11 PM

You can now own the iTunes, Vudu, and Amazon digital copies of the movie, in SD for $14.99 and HD for $19.99.

I bought the iTunes version.  It looked and sounded good.  The movie was great a second and third time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users