Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Terminator, The Remastered Blu-ray

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 of 43 OFFLINE   YanMan

YanMan

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:49 AM

I dipped, once again!

I have a question, I was at Best Buy and saw this and picked it up. It was a tad more then the Amazon price, but I was okay with that. The question is if I got the right one?

I have the earlier blu-ray, so I know what I got is not that. What has me confused is that the cover art is a different shot of Arnold. The shot is a front-on front view from his stomach on up and he's holding the pistol with the laser sight in his right hand and the Uzi in the other. I think it's an Uzi. Both are pointing up. He's wearing the sunglasses and the red light glows from his left lense.

All the specs are the same, language subtitles, English, French and Spanish, 7 deleted scenes, Creating the Terminator: Visual Effects & Music, Terminator: A Retrospective.

At the bottom of the rear cover is the MGM logo on the left with the small text that says Package Design with the copyright icon and 2012 date.

The blu-ray catalog number above the barcode is: M128315
The bar code numbers are: 27616 15128 5 80

If this is the wrong one, I can return it. Just curious if I got the newest one with the new transfer, despite the audio not being the original. With the art being different, maybe it's a Best Buy cover? or thr art being shown on Amazon ans Best Buy's site is wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Nelson,

There was a recent re-release of the old transfer with new cover art that is very similar to the art of the remaster. As far as I have read on other forums, the remaster only has one version of cover art as described by Richard V. I think the other way to tell for sure is that the specs on the back of the remaster should identify AVC encoded.

But from your description it sounds like you have the repackaged old release.

Edited by YanMan, March 27 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#42 of 43 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 27 2013 - 08:21 AM

The bar code numbers are: 27616 15128 5 80

I checked the bar code on my copy (which is definitely the remastered one) and the bar code number is 8 83904 29400 9 80.

#43 of 43 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,546 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thanks guys for the speedy replies!

I had a feeling I got the wrong one! Okay, back it goes. I appreciate the feedback. 

Too bad the retailers cannot send back old stock to avoid these kinds of confusions. But then how many titles has had so many versions! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users