Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rights questions???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 04:33 PM

Guys, Who owns the rights to The Farmer's Daughter, and Emergency + 4? Just curious, for those in the know. James

#2 of 8 Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sony owns The Farmer's Daughter, one of my favorite shows.

We've talked about the show before at the following thread if you want to read more about it:

http://www.hometheat...armers-daughter

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#3 of 8 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:15 AM

Well, if it was owned by Fox, that would have decreased the chances of it coming out on DVD, quite a bit. James

#4 of 8 Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 12:10 PM

Yes, there is still a ray of hope because Sony recently released 2 of their lesser-known TV series, Bridget Loves Bernie and Ghost Story, on MOD-DVR. Another Sony property, Iron House, was also announced at one time, but I don't know the current status.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#5 of 8 shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy

Second Unit

• 289 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 03:03 AM

I'm wondering if Sony is doing the same release strategy as WA with its TV shows - sending out pressed discs for the first batch. Anyone know this? Is Bridget loves Bernie just DVDrs or will it be pressed? The first shipment should be arriving soon....

#6 of 8 Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:43 AM

My BLB set has shipped and I should receive it Monday or Tuesday. I will update this post then.

#7 of 8 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 11:53 AM

I'm betting next year Sony MOD will include: Fantastic Journey, Farmer's Daughter, and Salvage 1. James

#8 of 8 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 03:30 PM

I doubt they will put out any shows that they don't have any tape elements on. Which means no go on Farmers Daughter. The other 2 should have tapes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users