Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Halloween Triple Feature -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,302 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:16 AM

I took a quick look at the Echo Bridge Halloween Triple Feature -- Curse of Michael Myers, H2O and Resurrection -- and came away pleased.

Especially for the price point ($15), this a quality set.

Color, densities, grain structure, shadow detail, are all within high end standards for Blu-ray.  The final film of the three is DTS 5.1, while the older two are 2.0 stereo.

Not a problem in sight (or sound).  Image quality for all three is about the same.

Image - 4

Audio - 4

Recommended.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 7 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,350 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:35 AM

As far as I know, Halloween H20 and Halloween Resurrection are altered from 2.35 to 1.78.

#3 of 7 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,302 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

As far as I know, Halloween H20 and Halloween Resurrection are altered from 2.35 to 1.78.

H20 and Resurrection were both shot S35.  It's possible that the frame was opened up.  My knowledge of these films is limited, so others will have to judge that point.

Curse was shot 1.85.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#4 of 7 FanboyZ

FanboyZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 11:09 AM

Mr. Harris your assessments on the presentation of Blu Ray discs have always been, in my mind infallible. But now, your positive assessment of this set- which is perhaps the most horrific example of the poison that is Echo Bridge has put me in a depression that may never end. The Canadian version of the set has proper aspect rations and 5.1 uncompressed DTS HD Master Audio tracks. Now there is only darkness, and no hope.

#5 of 7 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted December 02 2012 - 11:13 AM

I did get the Alliance version myself

#6 of 7 FanboyZ

FanboyZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 11:20 AM

no hope… so very without hope.

#7 of 7 Oblivion138

Oblivion138

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 06:05 PM

Absolutely, the Alliance release from Canada is the way to go (and isn't much more expensive, either). It presents both H20 and the abominable H:R in their original aspect ratios, whereas Echo Bridge has presented them in open-matte versions which ruin the compositions. Excess headroom be damned!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users