Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Will we ever see LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR on blu?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Guest_Larry-Bender_*

Guest_Larry-Bender_*

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:02 AM

i don't believe that this has ever been released on dvd. I'm not sure the reason, maybe music rights issues?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   John Doe

John Doe

Stunt Coordinator

• 161 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:09 AM

Geez,will you ever stop creating this annoying request/query threads??:confused:

#3 of 9 Guest_Larry-Bender_*

Guest_Larry-Bender_*

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:47 AM

NO

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:57 AM

This is one film I have been wanting to see forever, I've even emailed Criteiron to see if they would consider it for a release. I think music rights have maybe been an issue. I would buy it on BLU if it would ever get a release with music I intact.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   kagemusha98

kagemusha98

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 09:00 AM

2 years ago it was shown on NETFLIX streaming in HD......so I'm thinking the rights have been cleared. Why has it not been released?

#6 of 9 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 02 2012 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by kagemusha98 

2 years ago it was shown on NETFLIX streaming in HD......so I'm thinking the rights have been cleared. Why has it not been released?

Sometimes rights have been cleared for cable or TV licensing but not for home video, and that may be the case here.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:11 AM

Seems like streaming is treated more like cable / tv broadcast than home video / physical media. You will notice quite a few films that have been plagued on home video by music rights issues, appearing on Netflix (or other streaming services) with soundtracks completely intact. Meanwhile, the home video iterations remain on the market with music alterations.

#8 of 9 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:32 AM

On this general subject, anyone know the status of Where the Buffalo Roam with regard to original music?  I believe that was an issue on DVD.  Admittedly I haven't followed up on this myself in years, so it might already have been resolved... (he said, hopefully).

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   donidarko

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 08:27 AM

"Goodbar" is my most sought after title on disc! Diane Keaton is brilliant. One of the best and most overlooked films of the 70s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users