Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 12-4-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 of 56 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:41 AM

I picked up Batman from Target and BB today. Saw Up at Target for $28. Btw the digibook from target looks great. Well worth the extra few bucks in my opinion. Also the BB content is ON DISC not a download. Btw target finally had MiB 3D on shelf for $28.
facebook.com/whotony

#42 of 56 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:03 AM

Is the BB bonus content for Batman only included with the $25 set, or is it in the $19 set as well?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#43 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_V 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in CT 

I guess I missed something!  When did it go to that price??  This is the 5-disc set?

WAY back when, there was an $8 digital coupon on Amazon.  I pre-ordered at the price then.

Amazon has also price matched the $27.99 price and taken the $8 off $27.99.  $19.99.  No shipping with Prime, only a little tax.

And that's why I decided to pre-order Peter Pan from Amazon...with one of those $8 coupons.  I figure even though the price for the standard Blu Combo Pack is $35.99...it will end up getting price-matched when February rolls around.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#44 of 56 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:25 AM

I did the same thing, Mike.  The minute something is on Amazon, I pre-order now and keep my eyes peeled for coupons and price matches.  My Peter Pan 3 Disc set is now showing as as total of $24.05 ($29.96 - $8 coupon + tax).  I'm sure it will be lower by the time March rolls around.

#45 of 56 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:27 AM

Keep an eye on Deepdiscount. They have deals of the day and recently one was Brave for $19.99 and also Nemo 3D for $19.99. You can get an additionala 10% off code for getting someone to like a FB link. So I got Brave and Nemo for$17.99 each
facebook.com/whotony

#46 of 56 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,268 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by TonyD 

I picked up Batman from Target and BB today.
Saw Up at Target for $28.

No luck at Target for me.  Up 3D was priced at $34.99 and the $8 off was only applicaple for Nemo / Tangled.  What a waste of a trip.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#47 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_V 

I did the same thing, Mike.  The minute something is on Amazon, I pre-order now and keep my eyes peeled for coupons and price matches.  My Peter Pan 3 Disc set is now showing as as total of $24.05 ($29.96 - $8 coupon + tax).  I'm sure it will be lower by the time March rolls around.

Cool.  I hadn't even realized the pre-order price must have ducked down for a period of time.  I just checked the current "cost" of my pre-order for Peter Pan and it looks the same...but I must have a different tax rate than you or something:

$29.96 - $8 = $21.96 + $1.76 estimated tax = $23.72

Here's hoping Pete drops to $19.99 by release day and we're in for $11.99 when all is said and done.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#48 of 56 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,263 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:22 AM

I obviously missed it when those Amazon $8 coupons came around.  I'm assuming they're a thing of the past.  (?)

#49 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:28 AM

I obviously missed it when those Amazon $8 coupons came around.  I'm assuming they're a thing of the past.  (?)

Well, this is the first time I've ever caught one...so I'm no expert.

And I don't actually remember how it came to my attention.  But I remember going to the product page and there was a "deal" noted right on the amazon page for the product that I clicked on and which added the coupon.  If the coupons were still available, they'd likely still be on the product page at amazon.

#50 of 56 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Cool.  I hadn't even realized the pre-order price must have ducked down for a period of time.  I just checked the current "cost" of my pre-order for Peter Pan and it looks the same...but I must have a different tax rate than you or something:

We have a 9.5% tax rate out here, so yeah, that makes the difference.  Still, pretty happy about it at the end of the day.

Quote:

Yep.  I just checked the Peter Pan listing and it is gone.  Almost without fail, the coupons announcements are posted in the pre-order threads.

#51 of 56 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:22 AM

Really glad about Best Buy starting this Criterion discount that Amazon jumped on. Have Brazil waiting at home for me from Amazon, and was going to get Purple Noon at Best Buy - but drats they aren't selling it in store. So I went to Amazon to order it, and they are out of stock! Ended up getting one online to hold at a Fry's store where I can go in and argue for a price match. Good thing BB has free shipping so they will not try to add that in when they match (which they do). Ended up just pre-ordering Following so I don't have to deal with this next week, and I forgot that BN was doing a 40% sale this month. I spent WAAAAY too much money there during the CC 50% sale, but since the Qatsi trilogy isn't selling for as good a deal I was going to wait on it. but at 40% with member discounts it will be $80 - 40% = $48 - Member 10% = $43.20 - 8 off $40 coupon = $35.20...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#52 of 56 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,063 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 04 2012 - 02:46 PM

All sorts of deals going on at ToysR Us on some Disney titles, but specifically Nemo Nemo Disney Movie Rewards MQ - $5 off A TRU store Coupon on Nemo or Cinderella - $10 off (apparently a Black Friday coupon that some stores still have at the counter or a couple scans floating around the Net) The $20 Groupon ($10 net price) for those that bought last week. Tigger DMR $5 MQ Disney titles B1 G1 40%off which normally isn't that great since TRU prices are most often MSRP, but there are a handful that are priced 19.99-22.99. I can't confirm all of these instore prices, but here's a list of what I've found so far to be pretty good possibilities. Bluray Combos Pocahontas I & II $19.99 Lady & the Tramp 2 $19.99 The Aristocats $19.99 The Great Mouse Detective $19.99 Toy Story 3 $19.99 Cinderella 2 & 3 $22.99 Tigger Movie Combo $22.99 Possible deals if you can get the TRU coupon since many people ahve already reported these as stackable. Nemo 3D -- 27.99 - 10TRU - 5DMR =12.99 (and tax) -- A bit of YMMV, but more than one report of success -- Nemo 3D x 2 ---- 27.99 + 16.79 (40% off) - $10TRU - 5DMR - 5DMR = $24.78 Nemo 3D + Tigger --- 27.99 +13.79 (40% off) - 10tru - 5DMR - 5 DMR = 21.78 Nemo and Pocahontas -- - 40% - 10TRU - 5DMR = 24.98. if you have the Groupons maybe another net $10 off those last few. Trying to Buy 2 Nemo with 2 TRU $10 won't work apparently since the computer blocks the 2nd $10 coupon. Also: Barnes and Noble 50% British TV started today as well with some decent prices available. Supposedly some new 20% and maybe 25% off coupons are due by Thursday making some much better deals possible -- Sherlock Season Blu for $13.50 per season or maybe the Doctor Who complete Special for similar price.

#53 of 56 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,263 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:50 AM

I was out shopping and knew I wanted to get at least one of these titles now (Finding Nemo or Up), and decided to try Target.  They had Nemo priced at $28, Up at $35.  At my request, the gal in the electronics department scanned them to see if the ambiguous $8 would apply if I bought both, and said yes, it takes it off.  I thanked her, went about my shopping, and when I rang everything up at the front, it did not take it off -- and there was no explanation.  A passing supervisor checked, said it only other available Blu-ray on the Nemo two-fer deal was Tangled, took a look at the ad, listened to my very subtly pointed comment that the ad gets you into the store but doesn't tell you what it's good for...and put in an override for the $8 discount.  That, plus the $5 Disney coupon, brought the two 3D packages to $50 plus tax.

Posted Image

#54 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:49 AM

A passing supervisor checked, said it only other available Blu-ray on the Nemo two-fer deal was Tangled, took a look at the ad, listened to my very subtly pointed comment that the ad gets you into the store but doesn't tell you what it's good for...and put in an override for the $8 discount.

Good story.  Good for you, Charles.  Target needs to stop this ambiguous BS.

#55 of 56 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted December 08 2012 - 11:44 AM

My review of MST3K Volume XXV can be found here.

#56 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 08 2012 - 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Toddwrtr 

My review of MST3K Volume XXV can be found here.

And there's now a link in the OP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow