Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey - Soundtrack

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:12 PM

I am extremely glad Howard Shore did this score and that The Hobbit theme from The Lord of the Rings trilogy is here. For me, as much as anything else, the score will tie this trilogy with the LOTR trilogy. The Fellowship of the Ring is one of my top twenty scores, and although I've only been listening to this new Hobbit score for a couple weeks, it is right up there with Return of the King and The Two Towers. And there are two more Hobbit scores to look forward to within the next two years!

books   

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've enjoyed what I've listened to so far. Some different and interesting cues among the familiar sounding tracks.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:37 PM

I've heard multiple reports from people who have screened The Hobbit Pt 1 in HFR 3-D that some are getting motion sick. I am listening to the score, imagining the music that might accompany such scenes. I, of course, read about this motion sickness business after spending $30 on two HFR 3-D midnight showing tickets!

books   

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 08:58 AM

Any rumors yet of an 'Extended Edition Soundtrack' with hirez multichannel DVD-A (or SACD), same as were released for each of the LOTR movies? I'm assuming if so that the first one would appear around next Holiday season.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:26 PM

The score I got for THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY was a 2-disc set with a run time of just over two hours. Seemed like everything was there, but I can't say I have checked it cue-for-cue.

books   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users