iTunes 11 is out

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 of 48 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,628 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 17 2013 - 04:32 PM

Having a terrible time with iTunes the last week or so, doing a lot of purchases for my bass blaster experiment. It keeps locking the hell up forcing me to open termina and kill -9 it. Apparently command option escape will also do the same but haven't proven that yet since learning of it. Problem seems wiespread if you google iTunes 11 lockups....

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#42 of 48 OFFLINE   Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,437 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 06:40 PM

General iTunes Q: I have a USB disk that has many MP3s on it. Is there a way to make iTunes see those MP3s and play them (preferably on shuffle) without importing them into the library first?

If you don't care about using iTunes, 1. Do a Finder search by "File Name" with search qualifiers ("Kind" is "Music" "MP3") + whatever else you want to use to narrow the results. 2. Select filenames in the search results. 3. Right-click and do a "Quick Look".

#43 of 48 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,628 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 25 2013 - 04:04 AM

Ah good call! I think I will be using VLC as that allows Shuffle from what I'm told.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#44 of 48 OFFLINE   mtr939

mtr939

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:01 AM

I've experienced a compatibility problem with itunes 11 and my 80Gb ipod classic. My ipod would not sync, I had to factory reset it and it worked again, but that in turn causes another issue in itself. I had bought a few ipod classic games for my ipod, namely Spore, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Phase, but the new Itunes no longer supports these games. It was only after I reset my ipod that I realized this, and there's no way to re-download them because ipod classic games no longer exist in the itunes store. Glad to see them supporting their original breakout consumer base from the portable media boom

#45 of 48 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,870 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted February 26 2013 - 12:30 PM

I've had nothing but problems with syncing for the past six months. I don't know if its iTunes 11, iOS 6, or what. But iTunes syncing is broken.

#46 of 48 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted February 26 2013 - 04:02 PM

You might try resetting SyncServices if you haven't already done so.

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#47 of 48 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,870 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted February 27 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'll look into that...but it sounds like it could cause its own mess in resetting all sync data. Ths syncing problem affects both of our different Macs, two different OS X versions, and four different iOS devices.

#48 of 48 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,885 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Posten 

This made me very happy:
http://www.cultofmac...lity-os-x-tips/

Fantastic tip, Sam!  Thank you so much!

Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users