Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fuse blown in KEF PSW 3000? Pls Help!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Raakky

Raakky

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi. I have just received my new PSW3000 sub today, and when i was installing it I somehow managed to switch the fusebutton from 230V to 115V. Im currently in the UK, and it should be 230V. Now the subwoofer is dead, and I am hoping it is "just" the fuse that has been blown. I do not know how to change this fuse as it is not reachable on the back. I would hope, and beg somebody here can help me, eventually have some experience with the same thing! My worst case scenario is that the whole mainboard is gone, but then again why have we fuses for. Regards Morten

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,485 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:06 PM

Did you buy that new? Over here on our side of the pond...it shows circa 2002-2005...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Raakky

Raakky

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:30 AM

No not new, but bought in Ebay, was in an ok condition. You dont by chance know if the fuse is sitting right behind (inside) of the fusemarker on the backside? Morten

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Raakky

Raakky

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:31 AM

I managed to chance the fuse today after an operation inside there. BUT, now the sub cuts out at higher volumes. It works perfect at very low sound. Any ideas people? IS there something unfixable that is wrong? I hear a click inside the speaker, then before it comes back i hear a click in the main board. Sounds like something is shorting, but i have checked almost all the wires in the mainboard/amp board. Cant see any burned things, loose wires or anything broken. What can it be? hoping you can help me Morten

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,485 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:39 AM

The only way to "check" the driver itself is to connect another amp to it after you bypass the internal amp. Then if the "problem" goes away...the plate amp is definitely fried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users