Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Setting-up Bose 901's with Sony Vision Touch STR-G1ES - Humming Problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   ghost88

ghost88

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi, I inherited a pair of 901 speakers bought in 1969 from the original owner. He also gave me a Sony Vision Touch receiver. I connected the 901's to the Front Speaker input and connected the Bose EQ to the Pre Out/Main In. I'm getting audio fine, but after maybe 10 minutes, a quiet hum will start, and slowly grow until it becomes a full blast noise/hum. Only turning off the system or jiggling the RCA cable coming from the back of the Bose EQ will stop it. Does anyone know what could be causing this? The fact that the hum grows makes it seem like some kind of feedback loop, but then again I don't know much about speakers/receivers. Here is a link to a picture of the back of the receiver. It's not the best quality. http://i.imgur.com/WngSB.png?1 Also, yes I know most of you probably think Bose and the 901's are s*** but if you could just offer me some advice instead of "why bother with such terrible speakers" I would greatly appreciate it.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,784 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:49 AM

To rule out the EQ, switch to using the tape loop. IF the hum persists then, then yes...somewhere you are building a ground loop. And, good luck with the ground loop...

#3 of 2 OFFLINE   Tangente190

Tangente190

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 10 2012 - 12:16 PM

This post can serve as a suggestion to check the other similar issues,
I have to emphasize the importance, continue to respond to the topic please!.

Indagadores |Seguridad informatica |Seguridad en internet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users