Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Black Friday 2012 hauls - what did you get?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,432 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:46 PM

Blu-rays I got from Amazon She's Out of My League $4.96 Caddyshack $3.99 The Crow $3.99 Safe (2012) $7.99 Midnight in Paris $8.49 Sucker Punch Two Disc Extended Edition $3.99 In Time $5.99 Dollhouse Season 2 $13.99 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo three disc edition $9.99

all-banner.jpg

#22 of 34 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,489 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:42 AM

Complete Calvin and Hobbes hardcover from Amazon. $50

How the hell did you pull THAT off?!?  :confused: I've had that in my cart for years...and I've only ever seen it vary a few pennies in one direction or another...

They had these at Costco this past weekend. I think the price was $59.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#23 of 34 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,338 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:23 PM

I don't do the stores, but I picked up Thor and Brave on Amazon during their sales. Black Friday itself was spent with the family in Traverse City, Michigan. We went to a winery, stopped at a local home made ice cream place called Moomers, did a little shopping in the afternoon after all the chaos was over, then had a nice dinner. Very enjoyable except for the nasty snow storm on the way back to my parents home in the north central part of the state.

#24 of 34 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,316 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:51 AM

I got a Toshiba 40 LCD for $179 (delivered) from Amazon (or was it best buy). Then the James Bond 22 BD set for $99.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#25 of 34 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,657 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD 

Complete Calvin and Hobbes hardcover from Amazon. $50

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

How the hell did you pull THAT off?!?  Posted Image

I've had that in my cart for years...and I've only ever seen it vary a few pennies in one direction or another...

They had these at Costco this past weekend. I think the price was $59.

Aaaargh!  I wonder if I had my own transmogrifier if I could somehow manage to have a Costco built near me???  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#26 of 34 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:17 AM

Sorry Mike mi Costco didn't have it. Maybe someone can snag one for you at another one.

facebook.com/whotony

#27 of 34 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,489 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:54 AM

Sorry Mike mi Costco didn't have it. Maybe someone can snag one for you at another one.

They were in an odd location in my club. I think they were on an endcap near the Christmas decorations. They were not in the same aisle with the other books. I was low on cash after all the black friday shopping or I might have picked one up.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#28 of 34 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,507 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yeah, I went a little nuts this week... Denon 3313 Paradigm Studio 100s Hsu VTF-13H The Bond Box Complete Calvin and Hobbes (WHAT A DEAL! Beautiful!!!!) and oh yeah, the new iMac today. Done buying anything for a long long time.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#29 of 34 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,657 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Posten 

Complete Calvin and Hobbes (WHAT A DEAL! Beautiful!!!!)

You just had to rub that in, eh Sam?!?  Posted Image

Dang nutter!

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#30 of 34 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,507 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted November 30 2012 - 03:54 PM

Sorry Mike, it had been in my amazon wish list for 5= years, never pulled the trigger on it, as soon as I saw the deal I RAN for it! Hopefully you get one soon enough!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#31 of 34 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,657 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 30 2012 - 04:57 PM

It's been in my cart for-freakin-ever.

I've only ever seen it go up a few cents...or maybe down a few cents...but every time I check in and look at my cart--which is pretty often--it is somewhere between $92 and $100.

#32 of 34 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,813 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:56 AM

Can you believe I actually bought zilch throughout that entire long weekend?  Can't remember the last time that happened... maybe not since I started shopping online at all back in the early days of DVD. Posted Image Posted Image

I did end up breaking down and made some BD purchases right after Cyber Monday, but nothing like I've done in recent years...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#33 of 34 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,657 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 05 2012 - 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool 

Can you believe I actually bought zilch throughout that entire long weekend?  Can't remember the last time that happened... maybe not since I started shopping online at all back in the early days of DVD. Posted Image Posted Image

I did end up breaking down and made some BD purchases right after Cyber Monday, but nothing like I've done in recent years...

_Man_

MEDICS!  

#34 of 34 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,813 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool 

_Man_

MEDICS!  

Funny thing is I wasn't even trying to not buy anything.  I actually put a batch of items in my Amazon cart during the wee AM hours heading into T-Day, and probably none of them made it into my final order ~5 days later -- plus had also intended to buy some Criterion titles from B&N, but that never happened for the entire 50%-off sale though I did end up picking up The Game from Amazon instead... Hahaha... Posted Image

Too many other things going on in my neck of the woods (both online and off) to keep up w/ the holiday shopping festivities, etc.  How's everyone else doing, especially those who were in the path of Sandy?  Hope y'all are doing alright...

Shalom...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

Back to Bargains and Deals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow