The Restless Gun, The Complete Series

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,532 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:43 PM

Official announcement, The Restless Gun, The Complete series coming Feb 19th, 2013 from our friends at TMG. http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/17769
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#2 of 25 mustang

mustang

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 11:26 PM

According To Amazon The Restless Gun Release Has Been Put Back To April 23rd, Very Disappointing News, While i Applaud Any Studio For Releasing The Old Tv Shows Maybe They Could Announce The Release Dates When They Have The Tv Shows Ready To Go.

#3 of 25 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted December 31 2012 - 03:40 AM

According To Amazon The Restless Gun Release Has Been Put Back To April 23rd, Very Disappointing News, While i Applaud Any Studio For Releasing The Old Tv Shows Maybe They Could Announce The Release Dates When They Have The Tv Shows Ready To Go.

When the set was being prepped it was found that 3 episodes were missing and locating them in order to include them was the cause of the delay. I'm sure everyone will agree that it is worth the extra time to make sure all shows are included.

#4 of 25 mustang

mustang

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks For The Inside Info Danny, You Seem To Be One Of The Well Oiled People On This Forum, It Is Worth The Wait To Get The Whole Series. Do You Have Any Info About Mackenzie's Raiders And Wichita Town Two Series That Have Been Linked To Timeless.

#5 of 25 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,532 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 01:42 AM

Thanks For The Inside Info Danny, You Seem To Be One Of The Well Oiled People On This Forum, It Is Worth The Wait To Get The Whole Series. Do You Have Any Info About Mackenzie's Raiders And Wichita Town Two Series That Have Been Linked To Timeless.

I have a few "home-made" Wichita Town episodes, and it is a quite well made series. Hope to see it released by TMG, it is a sure buy for me.

#6 of 25 Guest_silverking_*

Guest_silverking_*

Posted January 02 2013 - 03:08 AM

Very unlikely we will see it from Timeless. They looked at it several years back but ran into 'rights' problems.

#7 of 25 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,966 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 04:07 AM

When the set was being prepped it was found that 3 episodes were missing and locating them in order to include them was the cause of the delay. I'm sure everyone will agree that it is worth the extra time to make sure all shows are included.

What;s the source of those previously missing episodes?

#8 of 25 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have a few "home-made" Wichita Town episodes, and it is a quite well made series. Hope to see it released by TMG, it is a sure buy for me.

The show is independently owned by a very rich person and the amount that the show would bring back for licensing isn't nearly enough to make it worth their while to bother with.

#9 of 25 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 07:16 AM

What;s the source of those previously missing episodes?

They were amongst prints that Universal had donated to an archive.

#10 of 25 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,966 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 12:12 PM

They were amongst prints that Universal had donated to an archive.

16mm or 35mm?

#11 of 25 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 03:00 PM

16mm or 35mm?

16mm of course. The only way to get something from 35mm out of Universal is if they put it out themselves or if they remaster it for a big cable sale, like The Virginian, and the buyer foots the astronomical bill.

#12 of 25 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,966 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 11:18 AM

16mm of course. The only way to get something from 35mm out of Universal is if they put it out themselves or if they remaster it for a big cable sale, like The Virginian, and the buyer foots the astronomical bill.

No suprises there :)

#13 of 25 universalbites

universalbites

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:37 PM

It is because UNIVERSAL is run by nimrods who do not care what the consumer deserves just like the shills who run this site, they do not want the cold hard facts stated. EXAMPLES - they threw out all the alternate and deletes material on BLUES BROTHERS & FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIH IN THE MID 80'S - cause the idiots wanted the room in storage and they drooling buffoons could not see the want or need for the material to monetize it in the future. GUESS the ding dongs ignored the fact that vhs and laser discs has bonus stuff on it and could not understand the principal that better technology was coming down the road that they could sell to consumers

#14 of 25 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,625 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 10:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, "uni"!

We'll hope to have nice conversations with you.

Two requests:

(1) Will you please change your "real name" to - indeed - a real name? Thanks, we like to address each other with real first names. It's also clearly stated in the rules you accepted when you signed in here.

(2) Could you also express most of your thoughts without resorting to insults, accusations and unfriendly suppositions? It would help our conversations.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cees

#15 of 25 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,532 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:30 AM

Welcome to the forum, "uni"! We'll hope to have nice conversations with you. Two requests: (1) Will you please change your "real name" to - indeed - a real name? Thanks, we like to address each other with real first names. It's also clearly stated in the rules you accepted when you signed in here. (2) Could you also express most of your thoughts without resorting to insults, accusations and unfriendly suppositions? It would help our conversations. Thanks a lot in advance! Cees

Yes, please most definitely.

#16 of 25 universalbites

universalbites

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:10 PM

Welcome to the forum, "uni"! We'll hope to have nice conversations with you. Two requests: (1) Will you please change your "real name" to - indeed - a real name? Thanks, we like to address each other with real first names. It's also clearly stated in the rules you accepted when you signed in here. (2) Could you also express most of your thoughts without resorting to insults, accusations and unfriendly suppositions? It would help our conversations. Thanks a lot in advance! Cees

stated cold hard facts, too bad you can not accept facts, do the research and you will see what I said is true

#17 of 25 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,122 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:30 PM

stated cold hard facts, too bad you can not accept facts, do the research and you will see what I said is true

I don't see a love feast for Universal here. There is, however, a right way and a wrong way to address issues. To come on here and call a company "nimrods" and be insulting, especially on your first posts, is not going to ingratiate you with anyone, friend.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#18 of 25 universalbites

universalbites

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:49 PM

I don't see a love feast for Universal here. There is, however, a right way and a wrong way to address issues. To come on here and call a company "nimrods" and be insulting, especially on your first posts, is not going to ingratiate you with anyone, friend.

for the boneheaded descions they have made, they are nimrods and too bad you do not like that I am not a politically correct robot

#19 of 25 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,762 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 06 2013 - 06:01 PM

People are welcome to respectfully post their views regarding the studios here. I would think the treads about DNR, Spartacus, and Hitchcock (just to name a few) would prove that. We do have some rules to help keep things civil. The fact that you refuse to follow the rules when prompted by site staff tells me that you probably aren't long for this site. I'm suspending your account until you make the change requested by Cees.

#20 of 25 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,122 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 06 2013 - 11:50 PM

People are welcome to respectfully post their views regarding the studios here. I would think the treads about DNR, Spartacus, and Hitchcock (just to name a few) would prove that. We do have some rules to help keep things civil. The fact that you refuse to follow the rules when prompted by site staff tells me that you probably aren't long for this site. I'm suspending your account until you make the change requested by Cees.

Thank you, Adam! :cool:

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users