What's new

One Year 70's Dramas (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:
There are a couple of dramas from the early seventies, I would like to see come out on DVD. One is Hec Ramsey, the other is the Manhunter with Ken Howard in it (who later went on to star in the White Shadow). It was done by the Quinn Martin studios, and there are quite a few episodes I missed, and I probably want to see the show to see those.
What other seventies dramas are your "want" list? Does anybody else remember Manhunter?
James

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
JamesSmith said:
Dear Guys:
There are a couple of dramas from the early seventies, I would like to see come out on DVD. One is Hec Ramsey, the other is the Manhunter with Ken Howard in it (who later went on to star in the White Shadow). It was done by the Quinn Martin studios, and there are quite a few episodes I missed, and I probably want to see the show to see those.
What other seventies dramas are your "want" list? Does anybody else remember Manhunter?
James
How about serpico or matt helm or o'hara treasury agent or chase or mobile one, etc?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not sure if it is a drama, perhaps more of a dramedy.
Nichols with James Garner

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Most Wanted with Robert Stack and gorgeous Jo Ann Harris
Doctors Hospital - same creators as Ben Casey
Medical Story

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
It may be considered police/crime, but I'd love to see The Blue Knight w/ George Kennedy. It was around same time as Police Story and Joe Forrester, but seemed to be more human interest than pure cop show... However, that could be my faulty memory talking.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
It may be considered police/crime, but I'd love to see The Blue Knight w/ George Kennedy. It was around same time as Police Story and Joe Forrester, but seemed to be more human interest than pure cop show... However, that could be my faulty memory talking.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
How about What ever happened to the Class of '65? This somewhat acclaimed series had some impressive guest stars, and interesting storylines. But I haven't seen hide nor hair of it since that initial run...

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I would like to see these 1 Season 1970's Shows released on DVD:
Cade's County 1971-1972
Dan August 1970-1971
Madigan 1972-1973
Longstreet 1971-1972
Tenafly 1973-1974
Cool Million 1972-1973 I think
Chase 1973-1974
Amy Prentiss 1974-1975
Carbie 1975
Manhunter 1974-1975
Most Wanted 1976-1977
Kodiak 1974
Search 1972-1973
Nakia 1974
Sierra
Mobile One
San Francisco International 1970
The Blue Knight 1975
Joe Forrester 1975-1976
Bronk 1975-1976
Thanks! And God Bless!
Robert

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
shoeshineboy said:
How about What ever happened to the Class of '65? This somewhat acclaimed series had some impressive guest stars, and interesting storylines. But I haven't seen hide nor hair of it since that initial run...
Would like to see this anthology show also. It only ran for 14 episodes and was a replacement for "Rosetti & Ryan" in December 1977. Not sure why it was short lived since I believe it had good ratings on NBC at the time. I seem to recall Monte Markham guest starring in a couple of episodes. I think getting music clearances for the pop music might make it tough to put out on Dvd. Hope I'm wrong.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see:
Chopper One
Firehouse
Three For The Road

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
PatrickGoodluck said:
Would like to see this anthology show also. It only ran for 14 episodes and was a replacement for "Rosetti & Ryan" in December 1977. Not sure why it was short lived since I believe it had good ratings on NBC at the time. I seem to recall Monte Markham guest starring in a couple of episodes. I think getting music clearances for the pop music might make it tough to put out on Dvd. Hope I'm wrong.
Good show. There has to be 20 to 25 minutes of pop songs in each episodes. They would have to do a tremendous amount of music replacement. Not very likely to happen.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Going back to Ken Howard''s Manhunter, does anybody else remember it? I tried going to youtube to see if the theme song was there, but no such luck.
Same thing with Dirty Sally. Anybody else have any memories.
James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch either when they were on but I've seen episodes of each not long ago. Manhunter is okay but Howard seems miscast in the role. As for Dirty Sally, well if you enjoy watching the old west equivalent of a homeless bag lady, then you might enjoy it. I didn't find it to be my cup of tea.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Neil Brock said:
I didn't watch either when they were on but I've seen episodes of each not long ago. Manhunter is okay but Howard seems miscast in the role. As for Dirty Sally, well if you enjoy watching the old west equivalent of a homeless bag lady, then you might enjoy it. I didn't find it to be my cup of tea.
Pistols and Petticoats, without the pistols or the petticoats?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I join Robert in hoping that Bronk will find a way out... Parlance as a hard-nosed, unorthodoxed crime fighter who also looks after his disabled daughter, plus HenryBeckman, sounds like an immediate blind buy to me... It could even overcome my aversion to MOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks