-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Lionsgate Press Release: Dredd (3D Blu-ray Combo)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,292 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 06:45 AM

BASED ON THE CELEBRATED COMIC BOOK AND STARRING KARL URBAN

Judgment Is Coming To 3-D Blu-ray Disc, DVD, Digital Download, On Demand And Pay-Per-View January 8 From Lionsgate Home Entertainment

“This, finally, is the Dredd movie comic book fans have been anticipating.”
       – 
Washington Post

“Accentuated by stylish visuals and irreverent humor.”
       – 
USA Today

SANTA MONICA, CA, November 14, 2012 – Adapted by Alex Garland from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra’s legendary comic book and filmed in stunning 3-D, Dredd, explodes onto 3-D Blu-ray Disc (includes 3-D and standard version of the film plus Digital Copy and UV), DVD (includes Digital Copy and UV), Digital Download, On Demand and Pay-Per-View January 8 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.  Mixing pulse-pounding action with mesmerizing visual effects sequences, the post-apocalyptic thriller hailed by audiences and critics alike stars Karl Urban (Star Trek), Olivia Thirlby (Juno) and Lena Headey (HBO’s “Game Of Thrones”). The hugely anticipated sci-fi thriller directed by Pete Travis (Vantage Point) takes place in a futuristicAmerica.

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD both contain multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes including a look back at the 35 years of Judge Dredd. Dredd will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

The future America is an irradiated wasteland. On its east coast, running from Boston to Washington D.C., lies Mega City One – a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets.  The only force of order lies with the urban cops called “Judges” who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner.  Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge, a dangerous drug called “Slo-Mo,” and the sadistic crime boss Ma-Ma (Headey) who is using it to take over the city.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

* "Mega-City Masters": 35 Years of Judge Dredd" featurette
* "Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D" featurette
* "Dredd" featurette
* "Dredd's Gear" featurette
* "The 3rd Dimension" featurette
* "Welcome to Peachtrees" featurette
Dredd Motion Comic Prequel
*Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Street Date:                           January 8, 2013

Price:                                      $39.99 Blu-ray / $29.95 DVD

Title Copyright:                    Dredd © Rena Films (PTY) Ltd. and Peach Tree Films Ltd. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2012 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Rating:                                    R for strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content

Run Time:                              95 minutes

Type:                                      Theatrical Release

Genre:                                    Action; Science Fiction; Thriller          

Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH

DVD Closed Captioned:      English

Subtitles:                               English and Spanish

Blu-ray Format:                    1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)

DVD Format:                          16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)

Blu-ray Audio Status:          7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Optimized for 11.1 Neo X, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English 2.0 Dolby Digital

DVD Audio Status:               English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

ABOUT LIONSGATE

Lionsgate is a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales.  The Company has built a strong television presence in production of primetime cable and broadcast network series, distribution and syndication of programming and an array of channel assets. Lionsgate currently has 25 shows on 18 networks spanning its primetime production, distribution and syndication businesses, including the multiple Emmy Award-winning Mad Men, the critically acclaimed series Weeds, Nurse Jackie and Boss, the new comedy Anger Management, which has been picked up for another 90 episodes by FX, the network series Nashville, the syndication successes Tyler Perry's House of Payne, its spinoff Meet the Browns, For Better Or Worse, The Wendy Williams Show, Are We There Yet? and the upcoming Orange Is The New Black, an original series for Netflix.

Its feature film business has been fueled by such recent successes as the blockbuster first installment of The Hunger Games franchise, which has already grossed nearly $700 million at the worldwide box office, The Possession, Sinister, The Expendables 2, Cabin in the Woods, Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection and Arbitrage.  With the January 2012 acquisition of Summit Entertainment, the Company has now added the blockbuster Twilight Saga, which has grossed more than $2.5 billion at the worldwide box office, to its current slate, giving the Company the two premier young adult franchises in the world. Recent Summit hits include Red, Letters to Juliet, Knowing and the Academy Award-winning Best Picture, The Hurt Locker.

Lionsgate's home entertainment business is an industry leader in box office-to-DVD and box office-to-VOD revenue conversion rate. Lionsgate handles a prestigious and prolific library of approximately 15,000 motion picture and television titles that is an important source of recurring revenue and serves as the foundation for the growth of the Company's core businesses. The Lionsgate and Summit brands remain synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,260 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 02:39 PM

I sure hope this gets a HTF Official Review at some point. The paucity of posts here about the movie and the disc is indicative of the lack of impact the movie made at the BO but I find this an excellent action flick and a faithful comic book adaptation. On the technical side, the 3D on this disc is top notch with the constrained environment allowing many instances of depth due to corridors, pipes, door frames etc making for a dense visual background which allows the 3D to be quite effective. Not to mention the Slo-mo sequences depicting the drug use. Finally this disc is an audio marvel with fantastic channel separation and layering of sound effects. A demo disc and a worthy movie to watch to boot. It's on sale right now for under $15 online and in brick and mortars. This is a hidden gem waiting to be experienced.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#3 of 6 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,863 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 24 2013 - 04:33 PM

I was on the docket to review it, but despite promises from the PR firm handling the review discs, it never arrived.

#4 of 6 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,260 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ah - too bad.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#5 of 6 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,082 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 25 2013 - 01:34 AM

I sure hope this gets a HTF Official Review at some point. The paucity of posts here about the movie and the disc is indicative of the lack of impact the movie made at the BO but I find this an excellent action flick and a faithful comic book adaptation. On the technical side, the 3D on this disc is top notch with the constrained environment allowing many instances of depth due to corridors, pipes, door frames etc making for a dense visual background which allows the 3D to be quite effective. Not to mention the Slo-mo sequences depicting the drug use. Finally this disc is an audio marvel with fantastic channel separation and layering of sound effects. A demo disc and a worthy movie to watch to boot. It's on sale right now for under $15 online and in brick and mortars. This is a hidden gem waiting to be experienced.

Who's got it for $15? Amazon has it for $20.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 6 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,928 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 08 2013 - 07:44 AM

Walmart in Canada, for one. Picked up my copy this week.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users