• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 of 79 derosa

derosa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 02:16 AM

I'm hoping CBS/P will start releasing some more of their stalled programs in 2013, like they did with The Streets of San Francisco.

come on aboard some LOVE BOAT that would be great !!!!

#22 of 79 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 05:08 AM

Would be nice to see some new to DVD classic goodies from Timeless/Shout, Owen Marshall if it's not too costly for them, hopefully they'll also continue their cop dramas Police Story, Police Woman and The Rookies too. Plus neat 'new' Universal and Colombia titles to surprise us with, say Mike Hammer or T.J. Hooker, and of course the same goes for Paramount - whether MOD or not - the unstalling of Barnaby Jones, HGWT and all-new titles like The Magician. From WAC we might even see more Harry O before the year is out, and if they'd take a look at Kaz and The Mississippi a lot of people (including Waltons fans) should be happy. So for me it's the same old business, the usual suspects still MIA.

#23 of 79 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 19 2012 - 06:00 PM

season 3 of cannon for starters

#24 of 79 rmw650

rmw650

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 01:07 PM

This isn't my personal want list (well, a few are), but I think the following will come out in 2013: Warner Archive ALICE - Seasons 3, 4 and possibly 5 FLO - Complete Series (released after S4 of ALICE) CHICO & THE MAN - Season 1 FALCON CREST - Season 3 EIGHT IS ENOUGH - Season 3 NIGHT COURT - Seasons 8 and 9 HARRY O - Season 2 COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER - Season 3 PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES - Season 1 Shout! HAZEL - Season 5 FLYING NUN - Season 3 ** DIFF'RENT STROKES - Season 5 TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT - S3 ** Sony/Amazon Exclusive BENSON - Season 3 **small chance given their recent track record of finishing one-offs like HERE COME THE BRIDES, HARDY BOYS (and both are Sony properties).

Throw in Green Acres S4-S6 as well...as I'd be up for it.

#25 of 79 John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:09 PM

This is not a guess but a forlorn wish (for the fourth year in a row), PLEASE let's see the final season of "Burke's Law"!

Count me in for Burke's Law too. (And Batman and Ben Casey!)

#26 of 79 Jack P

Jack P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:24 PM

**small chance given their recent track record of finishing one-offs like HERE COME THE BRIDES, HARDY BOYS (and both are Sony properties).

Hardy Boys is a Universal property actually, though I get your reasoning re: "Flying Nun." Because Hardy Boys is Universal, that should also lend hope for the second and final season of "Baa Baa Black Sheep" (by then renamed "Black Sheep Squadron") getting picked up for release.

#27 of 79 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yay!!! I already got one right for 2013. Check out the Dr. Kildeer forum. I got one right. James

#28 of 79 PianoPlayer

PianoPlayer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:16 AM

Nobody's mentioned The Beverly Hillbillies (seasons 4-9). Anybody know if the color elements are in decent enough shape for Paramount to un-stall this show? I was surprised nothing was done for the 50th anniversary this year.

#29 of 79 Kasey

Kasey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:22 AM

I was referring to THE FLYING NUN and DIFF'RENT STROKES as Sony properties--sorry if that was not clear.

#30 of 79 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:20 PM

season 2 of harry-o season 3 of the courtship of eddies father season 2 of barnaby jones

#31 of 79 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 22 2012 - 12:24 AM

It isn't a guess so much as a hope... Universal seems to be getting Law and Order classic sets out at a decent clip now (one just released, one coming in January or February, according to a post up forum), so I hope they keep releasing them at a steady pace for the remainder of the year and decide to rerelease season 14 using the unedited, widescreen versions of the episodes instead of the 4x3 syndication masters that were used on the original set, and again in the complete series set.

#32 of 79 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well here's my list. Ones that I'm pretty sure we'll see from my list of those in my collection: Harry O: Season 2 Tarzan: Season 2 Eight Is Enough: Season 3 The Courtship of Eddie's Father: Season 3 (I'd be over the moon if this one gets finished) Alice: Season 3 Charlies Angels: Season 5 (already announced) Police Woman: Season 3 (looks slim but i'm not about to write this one off just yet) The Rookies: Season 3 McCloud: Season 6 & 7 (From Madman in Australia) Long dead ones that I'd love to see resurrected Baretta: Season 2 (Why Shout Factory has not looked into this one I'll never know) Rhoda: Season 5 (A long shot but I can wish and hope) The Bod Newhart Show: Seaons 5 & 6 (Fox really needs to finish this one off and get it over with already) The Muppet Show: Seasons 4 & 5 (Why this one is still unfinished is beyond me but something tells me George Lucas may have been the problem. If so, that should be solved now.) Welcome Back, Kotter: Season 2 (Doubtful but again, I can hope) Mod Squad: Season 3 Love, American Style: Season 2 (Very doubtful but who knows) Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman: Volume 2 (Shout should have looked into this one by now) One Day At A Time: Season 2 (Again, Shout may be looking into this one) Family: Season 3 Ok, the 'Out of the blue' releases that would totally shock me but would be a welcome surprise category Room 222: Seasom 3-5 Chio and The Man: Season 1 Marcus Welby, M.D.: Season 3 Barnaby Jones: Season 2 Angie: Season 1 Cher: The Best Of (Probably the only way that this will ever come out) Phyliss: Seasons 1 & 2 (I keep hoping) The Hot L Baltimore: The Complete Series (This would totally shock me if it ever happens) Lou Grant: Season 1 (Should have been out years ago, but again it's Fox so the chances are very slim) The 'absolutely no chance of it ever happening' category but I'll list them just for laughs The Sonny Comedy Review: The Best Of (Very, very, very doubtful that this would even be considered) The Flip Wilson Show: The Best Of (Complete, uncut episodes from all 4 seasons and especially the two episodes with the Jackson 5) The Fantastic Journey The Betty White Show (Fox again so probably no dice) Nanny & The Professor Lucan Makin' It (Really bad show but I'd love to see it again) The Swiss Family Robinson (The 70s version with Martin Milner) Temperatures Rising The Tony Randall Show 240 Robert

#33 of 79 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:59 AM

The Fantastic Journey Forgot about that one. I think it's Sony, so it's a strong possibility for MOD with amazon. James

#34 of 79 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:49 PM

Any others? Confirmed are: Duck Dodgers Jackson 5 Dr. Kildeer (??) Beetlejuice (animated) sort of a good start. James

#35 of 79 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted December 05 2012 - 05:01 AM

Nobody's mentioned The Beverly Hillbillies (seasons 4-9). Anybody know if the color elements are in decent enough shape for Paramount to un-stall this show? I was surprised nothing was done for the 50th anniversary this year.

At this point, I don't care what the quality of the prints are! Just get the darned things out to DVD already!!! Right now I'm dealing with copies I've made of unedited episodes from the Columbia House run in the late 80's/early 90's and a few uncut episodes I taped (and retaped thereafter) off WREG Channel 3 in Memphis. Scratchy prints with lines going all through them but it's still Uncle Jed! I have "The Problem Bear" and "The Hot Rod Truck" I taped from WREG and the episode where Jethro proposes to Miss Jane. Sadly that last episode I threw out the VHS tape thinking I would never need it again once it was transferred to DVD. The DVD is now scratched and practically unplayable even after using scratch fix stuff.

#36 of 79 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted December 05 2012 - 05:04 AM

And on the "never happening" front, I would love to see season sets of Hee Haw. I figure with all of the different artists/songs used even over the course of a single episode it would be tough to license everything. RFD-TV airs it on Sundays and 99% of the time it's uncut but it's only once a week and then they re-run that entire season over again. They're on Season 6 right now I believe, so somewhere between 15-20 years before they'll be done! They've also already missed 2 episodes from this current season.

#37 of 79 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 07:06 PM

Any other guesses/predictions/opinions for 2013? One observation is that WB and Sony and Paramount MOD will deliver the majority of unreleased tv series next year, while it's good that shows will be coming out, it's also bad that classic and older programs aren't doing that well on a retail level. Example: Eight is Enough's season 1 came out at Wal-Mart, but sales didn't justify a second retail release, so the second season was released by Warner Brothers Archives. Opinions? James

#38 of 79 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:11 AM

2013 will be an important year for classic TV on DVD, by that I mean, hopefully the MOD plans of Sony and CBS will get up and running if not then the fan worrying just starts all over again. So much to do there, so many cult titles of theirs in demand for series and movies I really hope it means great times ahead for us fans. 2012's been a curious mostly good year for Paramount, there's the Fugitive fiasco but we also got Vega$ and Streets on regular DVD finished while other shows like HGWT got put on hold (maybe in remastering now). And Warner will hopefully speed up their TV releases as well, it sounds like they intend to do so.

#39 of 79 Regulus

Regulus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:28 AM

I think the biggest surprise this year was the announcement of the release of China Beach on DVD. :eek: This was one of those Series we thought "We'll NEVER see this one on DVD"! So maybe there's hope we'll eventually see Batman, The Wonder Years and my two "Holy Grails", Hot Wheels & Skyhawks, among others released on DVD. :D This isn't the first time I've seen an "Astronomical Long Shot" come in, and I'm sure it won't be the last! :laugh:

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,094 ( 703 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,363  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#40 of 79 David Weicker

David Weicker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 05:42 AM

Still waiting: Rockford Files Movies Volume 2 David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users