Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cinerama's South Seas Adventure to blu ray?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 of 156 OFFLINE   Strohmaier

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 06:12 PM

There will be some kind of a festival for the Domes 50th Birthday, no set dates yet.

#62 of 156 OFFLINE   David Sal

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 02:38 AM

Flicker Alley is taking pre-orders for South Seas and Cinerama Holiday NOW

http://www.flickeralley.biz/

Also posted the Bonus Features. Release date October 22, 2013.

Edited by David Sal, April 23 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#63 of 156 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted April 23 2013 - 03:56 AM

Wow!

That's great news.

#64 of 156 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,242 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 23 2013 - 04:04 AM

Ordered!

#65 of 156 OFFLINE   alistairKerr

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 23 2013 - 05:25 AM

Ordered here too - hope the Blus are multi-region, as the first two Cinerama ones were. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Alistair

Update: Just heard from Flicker Alley that these will indeed be multi-region blu-rays!

Edited by alistairKerr, April 23 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#66 of 156 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 24 2013 - 08:14 AM

Dave you really know how to keep a secret. Ordered but going to be hard to wait until October. But I will. 😃

Thanks.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#67 of 156 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 09:01 AM

Very good news indeed.  2 more must-buys for me.

Also, much like The Most Dangerous Game last year, it seems Flicker Alley is also offering another previous Criterion DVD title on blu-ray: Nanook of the North.

#68 of 156 OFFLINE   Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig

Second Unit

• 440 posts
  • LocationWeehawken, NJ

Posted April 24 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just pre-ordered both.  These were two I didn't see at the Dome last year.  I saw 5 Cinerama films that weekend, but I had to get some sightseeing in there too.  Can't wait to see them.

#69 of 156 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:05 AM

Pre-ordering both. I rarely blind buy, but since there are only a handful of these films and you guys are doing a marvelous job with limited resources I definitely want to support your efforts.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#70 of 156 OFFLINE   bigshot

bigshot

Screenwriter

• 1,218 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:21 AM

Preordered. Thanks, David.

#71 of 156 OFFLINE   mark brown

mark brown

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:26 AM

I love these old Cinerama films and what Strohmaier and co. has done with them!  Preordered yesterday!  mark

#72 of 156 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 09:51 PM

Flicker Alley's freight price to Australia is far too high when compared to most other online retailers.

I'll most definitely order them both, but I'll wait and go through Amazon again, as I did with the previous 2.

Comparison:

FA= $35

Amazon = $6.97

I fully support the outstanding effort that has been put into these discs and have no complaints about the actual disc cost, it's just the freight that is of concern, especially when you are on a tight budget.

tickets1.jpg

Edited by Doug Bull, April 24 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#73 of 156 OFFLINE   nara

nara

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 04:21 PM

Cinerama Holiday looked fabulous at Bradford this year. Here's a taste.

http://www.davidstro...nd iPhone 4.m4v

#74 of 156 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 13 2013 - 05:39 PM

Now that we got SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY coming in October. What about SEVEN WONDERS THE WORLD?
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#75 of 156 OFFLINE   rsmithjr

rsmithjr

Supporting Actor

• 855 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, CA

Posted July 14 2013 - 11:34 AM

Now that we got SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY coming in October. What about SEVEN WONDERS THE WORLD?

The last two, Seven Wonders of the World and Search for Paradise, are being readied and we hope to see them released next year, according to the Cinerama folks.

Here are some notes about the work, which I think has now been completed.  Seven Wonders was especially difficult because the original negatives had been repurposed at some point. 

http://www.in70mm.co...nders/index.htm

Edited by rsmithjr, July 14 2013 - 11:52 AM.

• ahollis likes this

#76 of 156 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 14 2013 - 01:11 PM

The last two, Seven Wonders of the World and Search for Paradise, are being readied and we hope to see them released next year, according to the Cinerama folks.

Here are some notes about the work, which I think has now been completed. Seven Wonders was especially difficult because the original negatives had been repurposed at some point.

http://www.in70mm.co...nders/index.htm

Excellent. I saw SEVEN WONDERS advertised for a screening and the trailer looks fantastic. Figured it would be in 2014.

#77 of 156 OFFLINE   Strohmaier

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 08:38 AM

Seven Wonders is finished as of mid May. It came out better than I had ever expected thanks to some new Boris software,
the Library of Congress and Image Trends. Hopefully a blu ray release will follow in the fall of 2014.

We plan to show it on the Cinerama screen at Bradford's "Widescreen Weekend" next spring along with Search for Paradise.
There may even be a screening in San Diego sometime this August or September.

Dave
  • ahollis and nara like this

#78 of 156 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 20 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Dave for you and your teams love and hard work on these films. I thought I would never see any of these titles and now due to this project I am able to.

#79 of 156 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 08:57 PM

OUCH!

A few days ago I put both "Cinerama Holiday" and "South Seas Adventure" into my Amazon basket at around $28 each, today when I went to finalise at the Amazon checkout they are now priced at $35.99 each.

That's a big jump up in price. :(

Edited by Doug Bull, September 02 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#80 of 156 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted September 03 2013 - 10:55 AM

OUCH!

A few days ago I put both "Cinerama Holiday" and "South Seas Adventure" into my Amazon basket at around $28 each, today when I went to finalise at the Amazon checkout they are now priced at $35.99 each.

That's a big jump up in price. :(

They are $30 each at flickeralley.com

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users