What's new

Paridigm monitor 7 speakers (1 Viewer)

carpdoctor

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I believe that I have decied on the Denon 2113 as my reciever and now I am looking at speakers. I went to the local audio shop and they let me listen to some Klipsch speakers and I did't really care for them. Next I got to listen to the Paridigm monitor 7 speakers and I loved these other than the price. LOL It was 800 for the pair. I would like your suggestions for some lower priced speakers similiar to the monitor 7.
I am starting out slow putting everything together. So a receiver, two front towers and sub will be my first puchase.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So you'll spend $650 on an AVR you'll have 5-7 years...
But are crying over $800 for speakers you'll be giving your kids in 40-50 years...

carpdoctor

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Well, I guess I had no idea they would last that long. The main reason I am spending so much on a reciever is due to the networking ability. I am new to all this and I know at some point spending more money doesn't get you a lot in return. I just don't know where that price point is.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can get networking for a lot less money with Pioneer, Sony, denon and Onkyo.
Now if you wanted the Audyssey you get with the 2113, then you'd still spend about that much on an Onkyo.
So, what else does the 2113 bringing to the table that made you bypass the 1713 and 1913?
1713 is 5.1 but has XT
1913 loses XT but gains HDMI up conversion...and of course 7.1.

carpdoctor

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I asked the question about recievers a few days ago in the reciever forum due to not knowing which one to get. I listed all the features that I wanted. Having a zone 2 was on that list. I am open to any reciever that does the things I have listed. Honestly, I don't even know what XT is.
Home stereo/theater is not a hobby of mine, to most of you it is. I just want a nice sounding system, that ties into my home network and has the features I need. There are so many features these days the average comsumer gets confused quickly. Best Buy is no help and my local stereo place sells Denon and Pioner, so naturally they speak highly of those. I will look closer at the 1913.
Things like being able to feed the 2nd zone independent from the main is a feature I want but things like this are seldom listed. Thanks for your help.
Example: Do the paridigm 7 speakers sound 400$ better than the Polk monitor ll 70's, I have no idea or the ability to listen to them. I don't live in the city, so its tough to listen to a lot of speakers.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I personally think they do sound that much better. If you're going to spend your money anywhere - spend it on speakers. That is the one area you'll get the greatest improvement for your $$.

carpdoctor

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Ok, paridigm 7,s it is. I looked at the 1913 and it does have all the features I want. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but it only seems about 60$ cheaper. So is it a crazy idea to buy a refurb unit from acc4less?? Would this be a problem waiting to happen or have people had good luck with them?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Refurb is a great idea and one I often recommend. It's not like they're "lower quality" than the new stuff. Most of my friends/acquaintances have refurbs from Accessories4Less and are very happy. They also have great extended warranty options if that is something you need for peace of mind.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The best "value" in speakers right now, imo anyway, is the Infinity Primus P363's at Frys (in-store only :) ) for $220 a pair. But only if you like the way they sound which would be a bit mellower than the paradigm's and a whole lot mellower than Klipsch. But we all hear things differently so...Frys also has the P153's for $107/pr. If you don't have a Frys near you...move :) .
Used speakers off CL is a great way to get speakers at a real discount. But some people are..un-comfortable buying on CL. Like an idiot I passed on a pair of Dynaudio Audience 70's for only $400 a pair! Was too busy to send an email :rolleyes: .

chrisu82

Auditioning
Here is the Paridigm Monitor 7 at $650 for the pair instead of $800. Hey, any little bit helps!!:)
http://www.newaudiovideo.com/paradigm-monitor-7blackeach-p-9250.html?zenid=vr7sd7ev3f4ufs2digab43d0d4

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.