Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cable without a converter box to my Projector

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   John Besse

John Besse

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts
  • LocationTrinity, FL

Posted November 12 2012 - 03:14 AM

I hope I've got the right area for this post... My wife and I finally decided to cut the cable a while ago, and do without paying for cable television. Now, we simply have basic television with Brighhouse and Road Runner internet. With our LCD TVs, we can plug the coaxial cable into the television and get the basic channels that we get with the package. However, as my projector doesn't have a coaxial input (or a digital tuner) what is the easiest way to get basic cable over to the projector? I've thought about buying a VCR/DVD-r combo with digital tuner, but the only units I'm finding are used and/or refurbished for around $175 and up. Does anyone else have an idea on how to get that coaxial cable converted into either a component or HDMI source and plugged into the back of my projector?
"Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   GeorgeAB

GeorgeAB

Second Unit

• 469 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:51 AM

Try an internet search for ATSC/QAM digital tuners.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   John Besse

John Besse

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts
  • LocationTrinity, FL

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:59 PM

Search yielded a bunch of different options, but the one I found that meets everything I like is the Channel Master 7001. With a toslink out and HDMI, the thing does what I need. Priced at $125, but the reviews are good and it will solve the problem - also alleviates the VCR/DVDr Combo unit that I really don't want! I thank you much for the info.
"Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:31 PM

John, do you know if those cable channels are in HD? If not, they're going to look AWFUL when blown up on the projector. I use a Centronics OTA HD tuner with my antenna and projector, and it works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users