Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nativity Story on Blu

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 912 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:20 PM

I know I'm not an entertainment industry professional, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Warner Home Video would release The Nativity Story -- a Christmas movie if there was one -- in . . . March. Wouldn't something closer to Christmas make more sense than Easter, which is about death and resurrection? I guess I should be happy it wasn't being released July 4th!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:28 AM

Wouldn't something closer to Christmas make more sense than Easter, which is about death and resurrection?

I think you're completely right but maybe they think Easter will be a less crowded time? In the sense that, at Christmas, there's a mountain of new and existing Christmas themed movies available so maybe waiting until Easter will boost sales since they're the only new game in town. I'm not saying that's true but it would be my guess as to what they're thinking.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Brian McHale

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor

• 511 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 01:36 AM

I also questioned the timing of the release in the announcement thread a few days back. My theory is they tried to get it out in time for Christmas, but it got delayed somehow. Instead of waiting until next Christmas to release it, they decided to tie it in with Easter. Kind of hard to imagine anyone wanting to watch this during Easter season, but I'm just glad it's coming out on Blu-ray (and for an affordable price).
Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users