What's new

Nativity Story on Blu (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I know I'm not an entertainment industry professional, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Warner Home Video would release The Nativity Story -- a Christmas movie if there was one -- in . . . March.
Wouldn't something closer to Christmas make more sense than Easter, which is about death and resurrection?
I guess I should be happy it wasn't being released July 4th!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Rick Thompson said:
Wouldn't something closer to Christmas make more sense than Easter, which is about death and resurrection?
I think you're completely right but maybe they think Easter will be a less crowded time? In the sense that, at Christmas, there's a mountain of new and existing Christmas themed movies available so maybe waiting until Easter will boost sales since they're the only new game in town.
I'm not saying that's true but it would be my guess as to what they're thinking.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I also questioned the timing of the release in the announcement thread a few days back. My theory is they tried to get it out in time for Christmas, but it got delayed somehow. Instead of waiting until next Christmas to release it, they decided to tie it in with Easter.
Kind of hard to imagine anyone wanting to watch this during Easter season, but I'm just glad it's coming out on Blu-ray (and for an affordable price).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks