• Please log in to reply
1270 replies to this topic

#441 of 1271 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,458 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 04:18 PM

http://geektyrant.co...con-concept-art

Hard to make out what is actually behind J.J. and company, but that they seem to be trying to bring back the look and feel of the OT is encouraging.

#442 of 1271 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 01:25 PM

It has also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII is set about 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces. No further details on casting or plot are available at this time.

http://starwars.com/...s-may-2014.html

Here since 1999!

trakt is a fun way to see what we watch and rate. Add me if you are in this thread!

#443 of 1271 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,458 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 02:54 PM

Finally! Fair warning, this may be a potential spoiler for some...

http://www.thenation...bu-dhabi-desert

You have three guesses what that large object is. :D

#444 of 1271 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,629 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 04:17 PM

God, I hope it's what I think it is :)
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#445 of 1271 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 04:20 PM

I don't see it.

Here since 1999!

trakt is a fun way to see what we watch and rate. Add me if you are in this thread!

#446 of 1271 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,781 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 16 2014 - 06:40 PM

I don't see it.

I'm trying to avoid fan speculation but I'm guessing that everyone thinks that it's

(spoiler text for the hyper-spoiler-phobic)

Spoiler

#447 of 1271 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 03:33 AM

:D

Here since 1999!

#448 of 1271 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,795 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 04:30 AM

I wonder if any of filming (in the desert or otherwise) is being done on any stand-alone films. If Disney plans to have one every year, there would be one in 2016 - not too soon to be getting started on that. I could easily see a Boba Fett or Han Solo movie (both of which are rumored to be among the first stand-alone films) having scenes on Tatooine. It would be more cost-effective to film these in conjunction with any Episode VII scenes, much the same way Episode III's desert scene was filmed at the same time as those in Episode II.

#449 of 1271 Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot

Supporting Actor

• 647 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted April 17 2014 - 09:46 AM

It's way too big to be what the article suggests, and honestly doesn't look anything like it did in Star Wars.

The other guesses here seems plausible.

My initial thought was that it's...

Spoiler

Could also just be unfinished whatever-it-is with more on-site detailing to do.

Joel

#450 of 1271 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,458 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 12:24 PM

I'm convinced.

http://wac.450f.edge...are-630x434.jpg

• Neil Middlemiss likes this

#451 of 1271 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,795 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 04:02 PM

I guess they don't call those things "all-terrain" for nothing.  :thumbs-up-smiley:

#452 of 1271 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,607 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:31 AM

All you Star Wars fanatics:

What are your hopes, and fears about episode 7?

My Hopes:

-The pacing of the film is more even, and slower (more in line of the original trilogy) than the prequels.  Let the story resonate, and everything will fall into place.

1-The Story-I hope it's decent, and makes me feel like a kid again when watching it.  Actually this shouldn't be too hard.

2-The OT actors-Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia- I want them not to make a brief appearance, but rather the movie revolving around them.  Seeing them on the big screen again after all these years will be great, but if they are the center of the story, I will be on cloud nine.

3-Stop with the blue screen(green screen?).  One thing that I didn't care for in the prequel trilogy was the computer generated backgrounds.  Some were passable, while others were obvious just actors in front of a screen. I want physical sets.  My mind doesn't "alert" me I'm staring at CGI, when there is none to stare at.

4-Aliens, and creatures  See #3!!

Actually Abrams is a huge fan of horror film masks, and make up, so we may be alright in that respect.

5-John Williams.  Hoping his score is epic, and with hints of the OT thrown in....wait what am I talking about, of course it will be great!

Fears:

The opposite of what I posted above.

So what are your hopes or fears of the new Star Wars film?

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#453 of 1271 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,754 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:43 AM

The Star Wars prequels actually had quite a lot of sets built despite people thinking to the contrary, as for these new films, i think they could potentially be worse due to the fact Disney is going to milk the franchise to death, i just hope they do a spin off with Ewan and Hayden and show us more of the clone wars, the prequels showed us the beginning and the end and nothing inbetween, i'm also not interested in the animated shows that covered this period, i think a live action film could be superb.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#454 of 1271 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,467 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:00 PM

All you Star Wars fanatics:

What are your hopes, and fears about episode 7?

My Hopes:

Well, that's a new one! :D

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#455 of 1271 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,467 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:02 PM

i just hope they do a spin off with Ewan and Hayden and show us more of the clone wars, the prequels showed us the beginning and the end and nothing inbetween, i'm also not interested in the animated shows that covered this period, i think a live action film could be superb.

Assuming you aren't being sarcastic, the chances of a film like that being made (let alone being as good as the Clone Wars TV series) are about the same as the chances of Alec Guinness reprising his role as Obi-Wan in Episode VII.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#456 of 1271 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hayden Christensen should be banned from acting in anything Star Wars related.

Here since 1999!

#457 of 1271 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,754 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:49 PM

the chances of a film like that being made (let alone being as good as the Clone Wars TV series) are about the same as the chances of Alec Guinness reprising his role as Obi-Wan in Episode VII.

Why not, they have talked about spin-offs, both actors are still the right age and it could be very entertaining.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#458 of 1271 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,467 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 01:18 PM

Why not, they have talked about spin-offs, both actors are still the right age and it could be very entertaining.

Neither speak particularly fondly of the films they were in -- can't imagine they're in any rush to sign up for more.

I also think the studio is looking to cover territory they haven't before, which means Clone Wars would probably be out -- they did cancel the Clone Wars series in favor of a series set between the prequels and originals.  The Disney Marketing Machine is probably going to try very hard not to invoke memories of the prequels and instead push connections to the original films... that's just a guess, of course.

If you ever decide to give the Clone Wars cartoon a look, you might be pleasantly surprised; not every episode is a masterpiece, but many are quite thrilling, and some of the space battles are as good as anything in the feature films.  The voice talent is good, the dialogue is often better than the prequels, and they have some nice, long story arcs that play out almost like features.  And it's got that "Saturday morning serial" vibe that Lucas always talked about wanting the movies to have.  I've only finished the first four (out of six) seasons, but I've really enjoyed what I saw.

#459 of 1271 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 01:53 PM

I remember seeing the 2D animation Clone Wars cartoons and enjoying them a lot. I'm still in season 1 of the 3D one.

Here since 1999!

#460 of 1271 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,458 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hayden Christensen should be banned from acting in anything Star Wars related.

Having seen Awake, which he made after Episode III, convinced me any fault in his portrayal of Anakin rests on George's shoulders. I unfairly judged Natalie Portman's talent based on the prequels, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw her in other movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users