Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Untouchables

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 JLKINSER

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hey All, I have been thinking about buying The Untouchables on DVD and was wondering what every ones thoughts were on the series release on DVD. Are the episodes complete and uncut? Is the music intact? What do the transfers look like? Thanks for the info!!:)

#2 of 8 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 05 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have the first three seasons. The shows are uncut and the music is original as far as I can tell. That show had pretty distinctive music! Overall, the transfers are nice, obviously from 35mm. Grayscale and contrast are very nice. Sharp. Some sections in some shows are grainier than others, and sometimes this will vary from shot to shot. It's not perfect but I think you will be happy.

#3 of 8 JLKINSER

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:05 PM

Thank you for the reply. Looks like this will be the next DVDs I buy!!

#4 of 8 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 10 2013 - 03:03 AM

The Untouchables complete series is at Amazon as one of their "Deals of the Day" sales at $107.99 here

Edited by Jeff Willis, November 10 2013 - 03:07 AM.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#5 of 8 Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,113 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted November 10 2013 - 05:52 AM

On the DVDs, are the opening credit sequences intact? I've caught an episode or two on MeTV and the openings seem choppy - missing something - perhaps sponsor IDs?

I've wondered the same thing about THE F.B.I. When I watched those as a kid, they always had a Ford Motor Company sponsor ID in the opening, but in syndication it was always choppy. Are the MOD discs similarly chopped, or are they night-of-broadcast intact?

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#6 of 8 stuartfanning

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted November 10 2013 - 10:46 AM

The Untouchables DVD releases have the complete opening credit sequences without the sponsor id's which were easy to edit out, as you will see from the following clips from the original complete opens:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xOR1o_61RLI

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XyMgegpMjpI

The FBI was different as The 'Ford Motor Company presents' was a part of the opening sequence. Most episodes of the WB MOD releases have the opening sequences edited to remove the 'Ford' component. However for a few episodes WB have used the complete original open.

#7 of 8 Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yeah...I'm gonna give this one a look like I did with "Naked City".  Hoping my wife and I have the same reaction as we have with NC.  Starting with Season 2 Vol. 2 because of the guest star list for those 16 episodes and if we like them...I'll crank in season 3 vol. 1 (highest episode ratings at TV.COM) and work the rest in as I can afford them.

#8 of 8 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 700 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted December 11 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have the first three seasons. The shows are uncut and the music is original as far as I can tell. That show had pretty distinctive music! Overall, the transfers are nice, obviously from 35mm. Grayscale and contrast are very nice. Sharp. Some sections in some shows are grainier than others, and sometimes this will vary from shot to shot. It's not perfect but I think you will be happy.

Yeah, weird about the grain, I agree.  I also wish they had all the bumpers during commercial breaks.  Overall, they're pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users