Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Help with DVD skipping/freezing issues

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   milkyway12

• 2 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi, I may be a bit OCD about this, but the other day I popped in my R2 DVD of The Big Boss, which is in near perfect condition (only one tiny, fine vertical scratch close to the outher edge, and no fingerprints), and about an hour into it I experienced a a brief skip/freeze up for a few seconds. this had never happened before, out of probably 3 times watching the dvd before. I stopped it, and replayed the chapter, which now played fine. However, I decided to check it again later, and I will get another skip issue happening near the same spot, but it isn't always at the exact same spot, nor does it happen every time the scene is played. the player is a region free Toshiba SD-V57HT. it has given me a few minor skipping issues with movies now and then, usually which can be overcome by searching backwards a few seconds, or stopping and restarting. there are a few select DVDs that it simply won't play properly at all, which do play in other players. I've had the player for 6 1/2 years. Again, I never had a problem with this DVD of The Big Boss before, but I must find a way to correct this issue, even though it is a small one. Does it sound more like a player problem than a disc problem first of all? second of all, if the lens of the player needs a cleaning, what would be the safest/best method beyond taking the machine apart which I'm afraid to do. I've used a Memorex Optidisc cleaner a handful of times in the past 3 years, but I recently read those could potentially damage the lens. Would blowing air from your mouth into the DVD drive be a good way to remove dust, or is that bad for the player? any advice on how to fix this issue safely would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users