Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help understanding "zone 2 or zone b" on a 7.2 receiver.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brob

Brob

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have heard too many mixed messages from BB...I need some help understanding zone b with a 7.2 receiver. Someone told me you could only have 5.1 or 5.2 set up in your main room and channels 6 & 7 were for zone b. I had someone else explain you could have 7.1 or 7.2 set up in your main room with 2 more speakers set up under zone b. Do I need a separate source for zone b such as a cd player, and why? Will I be able to have music in the house and on the pack patio at the same time, same music? Your expertise is much appreciated in understanding this topic, thank you.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,449 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 04 2012 - 12:05 PM

Depends on the AVR...but... Zone B is the "same thing" playing as Zone A...even at the same volume. Zone 2 is independent source and volume. Advantage to Zone B is it has access to all inputs, which is the disadvantage to Zone 2. As Zone 2 is analog only...except for a select few(and expensive) Denon. (Airplay models of Pioneer, Denon etc muddle that)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users