• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 10:31 AM

Audio Refinement Pre-5: This is a 6 channel analog preamplifier, purchased about 5 years ago. It is really an excellent 2 channel linestage, with the added benefit of a 6 channel input and output. Here are links to the manual and Stereophile review (scroll down). This preamp is very transparent. My home is child, pet and smoke free and I'm rating it as 8/10, due to age. My unit is black, photos are available on request. If audio performance, whether 2 channel or multi-channel, is your priority this is an excellent option. Please note that this is an analog only linestage. It has no digital inputs of any type and no digital circuitry. All digital to analog conversion must be done in the source component(s) or a standalone DAC. This is a great linestage for any system where audio is the priority, but it is especially well suited for systems with a high end multi-channel source component , such as an SE, Modwright or Nuforce Oppo, where you want the player to do all the decoding. Here is a post I wrote when I first got it ( Post) and a review (Review) Includes the remote and OBM. $450 + shipping & insurance from 94536. I prefer Paypal and the fee is included in the price. Local pick-up is also available.
Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:10 AM

I will be off-line for a couple of weeks. I should be back around the beginning of December.
Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 12:05 PM

I was out a little longer than expected, but I'm back and this wonderful preamp still needs a new home.
Dan

--Benjamin Franklin

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 927 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 07:21 AM

Unfortunately, an international sale has fallen thru, so time for a long belated bump. This is an outstanding linestage that deserves a good home where it will be put to good use.

Dan

--Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users