What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ A Perfect World -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Clint Eastwood's A Perfect World (1993), is a beautifully crafted film, that is more than the sum of the parts.

The on-screen pairing of Mr. Eastwood and Kevin Costner is terrific, with a great cast of characters, including Laura Dern, along for the ride.

If you've not experienced this one, it's best going in with no background.

A terrific film, and a quality Blu-ray.

And especially at that $15 Warner catalog BD price point, a winner.

Image - 4.75

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA)

Highly Recommended.

RAH

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Great film. I remember seeing it in the theater, and thinking at the time it was one his better directorial efforts. Clint was really on a roll during this period of his life. If I'm not mistaken, Unforgiven had come out the year prior, and he starred in In The Line Of Fire the same year this one was made. 3 top-notch films from Eastwood.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by jim_falconer /t/324918/a-few-words-about-a-perfect-world-in-blu-ray#post_3997392
Great film. I remember seeing it in the theater, and thinking at the time it was one his better directorial efforts. Clint was really on a roll during this period of his life. If I'm not mistaken, Unforgiven had come out the year prior, and he starred in In The Line Of Fire the same year this one was made. 3 top-notch films from Eastwood.
Eastwood didn't direct In the Line of Fire. Wolfgang Petersen was the director.

Crawdaddy

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/324918/a-few-words-about-a-perfect-world-in-blu-ray#post_3997423
Eastwood didn't direct In the Line of Fire. Wolfgang Petersen was the director.

Crawdaddy
Actually, that's why I said he starred in "In The Line Of Fire". I did not mean to suggest he directed all three, just saying how great all three of these films were.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I love Eastwood and I want this film, but I'm waiting for Warner's Eastwood blu-ray box set announcement for next year. I'm guessing this one will be included if it has 20 films or so.

I really liked this film when it came out. I worked at the cinema at the time and was (still am) a huge Kevin Costner fan. The film bombed...audience members at my theater who saw it said they didn't like seeing

everyman Kevin playing a criminal.

The cinematography was great.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
One of my favourite Eastwood films and arguably Costner's strongest performance (certainly the strongest I've seen--I've not seen all his films). Will definitely be added to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks