What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm surprised there is no thread on this season so far. I am enjoying this season as much as the last season.

Have to say, the last one is funny in a disgusting way, which is not surprising at all with the McPoyles involved.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the first two episodes were tired retreads of period episodes. The fact that it was intentional didn't make it any more enjoyable for me.
However, "Maureen Ponderosa's Wedding Massacre" was a thing of twisted, bizarre genius.
Season 7 was one of the best of the show's entire run, so they have a lot of ground to make up if they're gonna top it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Agreed about "Wedding Massacre" being one of the best things the show's ever done.
I've liked the season so far -- first episode was a little shaky, second wasn't anything monumental but a lot of fun, and the third was ridiculously, twistedly awesome in all the right ways. I think my favorite bit was Frank's little dance when Dennis found him outside the door of the room where the McPoyle brothers were reconciling.
...My God, the McPoyles. Guillermo del Toro playing screaming patriarch Pappy McPoyle was amazing.
Dennis is as close to being a rapist/murderer as you can possibly get without actually being one. That's what makes it funny as opposed to...Family Guy, say. The looks Dennis got from Mac and Charlie when he was on the verge of "confessing" were priceless. They're definitely waiting for the day when they hear Dennis actually confess to a murder.
Also, Charlie Day doing Robert Shaw.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just got around to watching Thursday's episode, and it was another good one. I loved the idea that Charlie's been stalking the Waitress for so long now that her entire life falls apart when he's not doing the creepy things that he does. I also enjoyed the idea that the gang's slime could pull down even the most distinguished of families.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Just grateful for the Alexandra Daddario sighting.
Me too, even though I didn't really know who she was (looked familiar though) and had to look her up - lol

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Just finally watched last week's episode. Was a little be "meh" on the first couple of episodes, but this last one was brilliant.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Completely Dennis's episode this week; the absolute best bit being when he had to take about 20 seconds to psyche himself down from banging a rentboy.
(Runner-up goes to Dee's shrug when the guy mentions that both of them got jerked off at the massage parlor.)
Dennis trying to psych up Mac to bang the caddy was so damn creepy and hilarious. Love how dark they're taking him this season. Speaking of which, this desperately needs to turn into the Glenn Howerton Appreciation Thread™. I didn't care much about the main Frank-plot, but everything involving Creepy Dennis's need to "get off" was unreal.
I think much of it is because the writers seem so interested in Dennis at the moment. It's like they only recently hit on the idea that he's a total psychopath, and are mining it for all it's worth.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Mac: "Dennis, I'm just allowing the flair that exists on the inside to exist on the outside. ...And, yes, sometimes that flair will present itself as body-glitter."
Dennis: "How does that explain the Cher-music?"
Mac: "It makes me feel jubilant and free. Just like Jesus wants me to be. Are you talking down our Lord and Savior?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks