Jump to content

- - - - -

What is this called (splitter for speaker)

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ekirts



  • 1 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 30 2012

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:22 AM

I have a very very old TV with no audio out. It does however have exposed external speakers with normal speaker wire that can be unclipped at either end. I have just brough a very basic (but not cheap) 5.1 Blu-ray HTS. It has pre crimped ends on the Blu-ray end and normal ends to the speaker. I want to get something to sit in between the blu-ray player and the speaker so i can have the player sending sound out to all 5 speakers like it normally would but also the TV sending its sound to the blu-ray front speakers. Does this exist and whats it called? I can only find multi room solutions on google :confused:

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269


    HTF Expert

  • 13,918 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 04 2012
  • Real Name:Sam
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:50 AM

Uhm, that would be a speaker switch box...wired backwards... But, I have no idea if you could turn the TV volume down far enough where it wouldn't cause a complete meltdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users