Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Allow me to introduce myself...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Wayne

Adam Wayne

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 11:09 AM

The Name is Adam, and I'm having a hard time hooking up my home theater system... Here's what I'm T'workin with. Panasonic tcp50s30 50" TV Pioneer VSX - 3600 Head Unit Sony Bpd-480 Bluray player Kenwood SW-22HT - Powered Subwoofer along with the matching 5 "surround speakers" Now here's my question. I've hooked up my 4 speakers to my reciever, but I cant seem to figure out how to get the sub to work here's the rear of my reciever Posted Image and here's a pic off the cover of the service manual ( exact same as what i have) Posted Image Cheer's

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 862 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted October 29 2012 - 11:37 AM

It looks like you're going to have to run the subwoofer between the receiver and the speakers. The way this works is the wire from the Left channel out on your Pioneer goes to the input on the sub, from there - the sub's output goes to your left speaker. Do the same with your right channel. You'll then need to select a crossover frequency on the subwoofer itself, which is done with the rotary dial. Something between 80-120Hz is most common.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Wayne

Adam Wayne

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 11:57 AM

so I'm basically drawing power off of all 4 channels at once to power the sub?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 862 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted October 29 2012 - 12:33 PM

Nope, your sub has an internal amp (that's what the wall plug is for) - you're just using the speaker channels to give it a signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users