Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warner Upcoming BDs in 2013!

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 of 124 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted November 07 2013 - 11:46 AM

With Warners' announcement of Boiler Room, 2014 is already making me wish for 2013. :)

Not every release is for everyone. So far, announced for 2014 Jan-Mar:

Boiler Room (2000) (New Line catalog)

City of Angels (1998)

Death Wish (1974) (for Paramount)

Hairspray (1988) (New Line catalog)

The Killing Fields (1984)

Million Dollar Baby (2004) (Presumably remastered)

The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981)

Stop-Loss (2008) (for Paramount)

Tequila Sunrise (1988)

Two Weeks Notice (2002)

Some of those 80s titles last had a DVD release over a decade ago and should be vast improvements. I have a wishlist of dozens of films as well that are yet to be announced, too, so I get being disappointed when they announce a film you have no interest in. But somebody out there has interest in that film, so it usually evens out.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#122 of 124 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,164 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 07 2013 - 12:52 PM

^ Yeah, I'm mostly breaking balls because I plan on buying Death Wish and Hairspray. I will say that I find Boiler Room a particularly odd choice because I don't know if even the biggest Vin Diesel fan will be that anxious to pick that movie up.

#123 of 124 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted November 07 2013 - 01:10 PM

^ Yeah, I'm mostly breaking balls because I plan on buying Death Wish and Hairspray. I will say that I find Boiler Room a particularly odd choice because I don't know if even the biggest Vin Diesel fan will be that anxious to pick that movie up.

Boiler Room is clearly trying to ride the coattails of Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#124 of 124 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,164 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 07 2013 - 01:33 PM

Boiler Room is clearly trying to ride the coattails of Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street

I hadn't even thought of that but you're right.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users