What's new

Warner Upcoming BDs in 2013! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The HTF Meet spent some time with Warner and based on what was said by Jeff Baker, George Feltenstein and others, the following classic film titles are coming out on Blu-ray in 2013:

Easter Parade
The Jazz Singer
Driving Miss Daisy
Grand Hotel
Mrs. Miniver
Giant
East of Eden
Rebel Without a Cause
Little Caesar
The Public Enemy
The Petrified Forest
White Heat
House of Wax (3D)
The Big Parade
Enter the Dragon (40th Anniversary)
The Exorcist (40th Anniversary)
A Christmas Story (30th Anniversary)
The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary)
The Mad Max Collection
Ocean's Collection including Sinatra, Martin and Davis film
Goodfellas
The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary)
Gone With the Wind (Expected 75th Annivesary)

There will be several more titles coming out on BD too, but haven't been announced yet. Also, don't forget the Goldwyn and Paramount titles that Warner will be distributing over the next few years like Guys and Dolls and possibly The Best Years of Our Lives along with several other possibilities.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If any of us want more classic films on BD then please buy as many as you're able to, especially, if you want to see more silent, film noir, western or any other genre come out on BD. The units sold for Laura from Fox will be followed very closely by the whole industry. If it sells very well then more film noir releases will follow and the same applies to silents with The Big Parade from Warner.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Rick Thompson /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994284
Hate to say this, but outside of The Right Stuff nothing on that list does anything for me. Will buy Laura.
I hope you're alone then.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Robert Crawford said:
I hope you're alone then.
Sorry, but I'm at the age (64) where I don't purchase stuff just to have it. I only get flicks that I enjoyed in the theaters or in some cases TV -- and I'm not interested in yet another release of Wizard or Gone. On the other hand, I'm glad for the folks who find some of their favorites on this list.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Will there be an official announcement re: Paramount titles or will they start rolling them out slowly, perhaps starting with OOP titles like Zodiac before getting to the new stuff?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I can't believe there isn't something in that list to pique your interest, Rick. We're roughly the same age, and I'm ecstatic about some of the offerings mentioned here. No, I have no intention to rebuy stuff I already have (A Christmas Story, Oceans Eleven, Gone With the Wind), but The Big Parade? Driving Miss Daisy? Grand Hotel? the James Dean films? (We saw them working on East of Eden and the results are far beyond what we have on DVD already). I'm very excited about those.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott D S /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994296
Will there be an official announcement re: Paramount titles or will they start rolling them out slowly, perhaps starting with OOP titles like Zodiac before getting to the new stuff?
I think Warner is more interested right now with titles that haven't been released on BD yet. I doubt you'll see an official announcement until a title is about to come out.

Crawdaddy

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I will be purchasing these:
Driving Miss Daisy
Grand Hotel
Mrs. Miniver
Giant
East of Eden
Rebel Without a Cause
Little Caesar
The Public Enemy
The Petrified Forest
White Heat
The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary)
Easter Parade
and....... Laura

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am thrilled about THE BIG PARADE also, but if THE CROWD and THE WIND are not also planned, as well as a Buster Keaton title that Kino cannot release (i.e. THE CAMERAMAN), I remain disappointed.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
At minimum, I will be buying HOUSE OF WAX. I'd buy more Classic 3D titles if they release them (still hoping for KISS ME KATE next year). I'm also planning on THE JAZZ SINGER and maybe REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I wish I could get more excited about that list (I almost feel guilty), there's a couple of titles there. Just as well there's the Ocean's Collection or they'd be no 60's titles. I wonder what films the Ocean's collection includes? Ocean's 11 & Robin & The 7 Hoods are great, but I could do without the other Rat Pack movies.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I wish Warner Bros would release more of their classic titles in the UK. None of these have been released - many of which I've had to import. You'd think most of them would sell well in Britain:
THE MALTESE FALCON
TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (1935)
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (1961)
ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD
STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
GIGI
AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
ICE STATION ZEBRA
GRAND PRIX
THE DIRTY DOZEN
THE MUSIC MAN
BULLITT
BATTLE OF THE BULGE

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
i'ill buy most of these classics,though i'm a little disappointed with Warner's decision to not include grand classics such as The Big Sleep and Key Largo in its 90th Anniversary roster.Not on BD at least.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Dick /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994328
I am thrilled about THE BIG PARADE also, but if THE CROWD and THE WIND are not also planned, as well as a Buster Keaton title that Kino cannot release (i.e. THE CAMERAMAN), I remain disappointed.
Enough people buy The Big Parade then we will see The Crowd, The Wind and Greed.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Oliver Siegel /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994339
i'ill buy most of these classics,though i'm a little disappointed with Warner's decision to not include grand classics such as The Big Sleep and Key Largo in its 90th Anniversary roster.Not on BD at least.
In fairness, those two titles are highly thought of by Warner. When they're released on BD one day, it will be done right, example being both versions of The Big Sleep. Let's remember that many titles need to be rework to pass today's standards for Blu-ray with higher expectations than what came out on BD five years ago.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Douglas R said:
I wish Warner Bros would release more of their classic titles in the UK. None of these have been released - many of which I've had to import.
Yeah, Warner was just as bad with DVD's when it came to releasing catalogue titles in the UK. Happily the Blu's can be imported very cheaply using Amazon UK Marketplace.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Billy Batson /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994347
Yeah, Warner was just as bad with DVD's when it came to releasing catalogue titles in the UK. Happily the Blu's can be imported very cheaply using Amazon UK Marketplace.
Let's remember that domestic rights might be different than international rights which resticts some titles from certain studios. Don't expect to see Warner distributing Paramount titles to the UK.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by mikeyhitchfan /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994352
How about the remaining Hitchcock titles that they own?

Never Say Never Again 30th anniversary release?

The line is long with only so much monies available in each yearly budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks