-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warner Upcoming BDs in 2013!

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:48 AM

The HTF Meet spent some time with Warner and based on what was said by Jeff Baker, George Feltenstein and others, the following classic film titles are coming out on Blu-ray in 2013:

Easter Parade

The Jazz Singer

Driving Miss Daisy

Grand Hotel

Mrs. Miniver

Giant

East of Eden

Rebel Without a Cause

Little Caesar

The Public Enemy

The Petrified Forest

White Heat

House of Wax (3D)

The Big Parade

Enter the Dragon (40th Anniversary)

The Exorcist (40th Anniversary)

A Christmas Story (30th Anniversary)

The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary)

The Mad Max Collection

Ocean's Collection including Sinatra, Martin and Davis film

Goodfellas

The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary)

Gone With the Wind (Expected 75th Annivesary)

There will be several more titles coming out on BD too, but haven't been announced yet.  Also, don't forget the Goldwyn and Paramount titles that Warner will be distributing over the next few years like Guys and Dolls and possibly The Best Years of Our Lives along with several other possibilities.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:52 AM

If any of us want more classic films on BD then please buy as many as you're able to, especially, if you want to see more silent, film noir, western or any other genre come out on BD.  The units sold for Laura from Fox will be followed very closely by the whole industry.  If it sells very well then more film noir releases will follow and the same applies to silents with The Big Parade from Warner.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#3 of 124 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 826 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hate to say this, but outside of The Right Stuff nothing on that list does anything for me. Will buy Laura.

#4 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Thompson 

Hate to say this, but outside of The Right Stuff nothing on that list does anything for me. Will buy Laura.

I hope you're alone then.

Crawdaddy

#5 of 124 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 826 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:31 AM

I hope you're alone then.

Sorry, but I'm at the age (64) where I don't purchase stuff just to have it. I only get flicks that I enjoyed in the theaters or in some cases TV -- and I'm not interested in yet another release of Wizard or Gone. On the other hand, I'm glad for the folks who find some of their favorites on this list.

#6 of 124 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:58 AM

Will there be an official announcement re: Paramount titles or will they start rolling them out slowly, perhaps starting with OOP titles like Zodiac before getting to the new stuff?

#7 of 124 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,829 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:10 AM

I can't believe there isn't something in that list to pique your interest, Rick. We're roughly the same age, and I'm ecstatic about some of the offerings mentioned here. No, I have no intention to rebuy stuff I already have (A Christmas Story, Oceans Eleven, Gone With the Wind), but The Big Parade? Driving Miss Daisy? Grand Hotel? the James Dean films? (We saw them working on East of Eden and the results are far beyond what we have on DVD already). I'm very excited about those.

#8 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scott D S 

Will there be an official announcement re: Paramount titles or will they start rolling them out slowly, perhaps starting with OOP titles like Zodiac before getting to the new stuff?

I think Warner is more interested right now with titles that haven't been released on BD yet.  I doubt you'll see an official announcement until a title is about to come out.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#9 of 124 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,411 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:09 AM

I will be purchasing these: Driving Miss Daisy Grand Hotel Mrs. Miniver Giant East of Eden Rebel Without a Cause Little Caesar The Public Enemy The Petrified Forest White Heat The Right Stuff (30th Anniversary) Easter Parade and....... Laura

#10 of 124 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,039 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:25 AM

I am thrilled about THE BIG PARADE also, but if THE CROWD and THE WIND are not also planned, as well as a Buster Keaton title that Kino cannot release (i.e. THE CAMERAMAN), I remain disappointed.

#11 of 124 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 313 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:32 AM

At minimum, I will be buying HOUSE OF WAX. I'd buy more Classic 3D titles if they release them (still hoping for KISS ME KATE next year). I'm also planning on THE JAZZ SINGER and maybe REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE.

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#12 of 124 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:38 AM

I wish I could get more excited about that list (I almost feel guilty), there's a couple of titles there. Just as well there's the Ocean's Collection or they'd be no 60's titles. I wonder what films the Ocean's collection includes? Ocean's 11 & Robin & The 7 Hoods are great, but I could do without the other Rat Pack movies.

#13 of 124 Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,800 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:40 AM

I wish Warner Bros would release more of their classic titles in the UK. None of these have been released - many of which I've had to import. You'd think most of them would sell well in Britain: THE MALTESE FALCON TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (1935) MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (1961) ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD STRANGERS ON A TRAIN GIGI AN AMERICAN IN PARIS ICE STATION ZEBRA GRAND PRIX THE DIRTY DOZEN THE MUSIC MAN BULLITT BATTLE OF THE BULGE

#14 of 124 Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:44 AM

i'ill buy most of these classics,though i'm a little disappointed with Warner's decision to not include grand classics such as The Big Sleep and Key Largo in its 90th Anniversary roster.Not on BD at least.

#15 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dick 

I am thrilled about THE BIG PARADE also, but if THE CROWD and THE WIND are not also planned, as well as a Buster Keaton title that Kino cannot release (i.e. THE CAMERAMAN), I remain disappointed.

Enough people buy The Big Parade then we will see The Crowd, The Wind and Greed.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#16 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Oliver Siegel 

i'ill buy most of these classics,though i'm a little disappointed with Warner's decision to not include grand classics such as The Big Sleep and Key Largo in its 90th Anniversary roster.Not on BD at least.

In fairness, those two titles are highly thought of by Warner.  When they're released on BD one day, it will be done right, example being both versions of The Big Sleep.  Let's remember that many titles need to be rework to pass today's standards for Blu-ray with higher expectations than what came out on BD five years ago.

Crawdaddy

#17 of 124 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:56 AM

I wish Warner Bros would release more of their classic titles in the UK. None of these have been released - many of which I've had to import.

Yeah, Warner was just as bad with DVD's when it came to releasing catalogue titles in the UK. Happily the Blu's can be imported very cheaply using Amazon UK Marketplace.

#18 of 124 mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan

Second Unit

• 451 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa CA

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:00 AM

How about the remaining Hitchcock titles that they own?

Never Say Never Again 30th anniversary release?

#19 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Billy Batson 

Yeah, Warner was just as bad with DVD's when it came to releasing catalogue titles in the UK. Happily the Blu's can be imported very cheaply using Amazon UK Marketplace.

Let's remember that domestic rights might be different than international rights which resticts some titles from certain studios.  Don't expect to see Warner distributing Paramount titles to the UK.

Crawdaddy

#20 of 124 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,326 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyhitchfan 

How about the remaining Hitchcock titles that they own?

Never Say Never Again 30th anniversary release?

The line is long with only so much monies available in each yearly budget.

Crawdaddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users