What's new

"Laura" Blu-ray Release on February 5th! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
More great news to follow from Fox regarding classic film releases on Blu-ray in 2013 and beyond.
Crawdaddy

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not a big fan of the fancy emoticons, but if news ever called for a dancing banana, it's this news.
:dance:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Great news. It will be their fifth title after How Green Was My Valley, Gentleman's Agreement, Wild River and Titanic (1953) which are all coming out on 1/15

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/324734/laura-blu-ray-release-on-february-5th#post_3993474
Great news. It will be their fifth title after How Green Was My Valley, Gentleman's Agreement, Wild River and Titanic (1953) which are all coming out on 1/15

Interesting to see the Kazan titles start getting individual releases. Great news!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brandon Conway said:
Interesting to see the Kazan titles start getting individual releases. Great news!
There will be about 25 classic releases onto BD throughout 2013. A consumer voting process will be utilized for some of these releases. Details will follow in the coming months.
Crawdaddy

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
lukejosephchung said:
I've had a crush on Gene Tierney for as long as I can remember...first day buy for me!!!:dance:
Same here! I'll never forget that day in 2005 when I was browsing through Virgin Megastore and my eye caught on the cover of the newly-released Fox Film Noir DVD:
Such an entrancing film. I watch it at least once a month.
I'm hoping Fox will include additional extras, like the featurette on the R2 DVDs ("Laura: The Obsession"), various radio adaptations (Wikipedia lists 5, but only 4 include the film cast), and the "20th Century Fox Hour" television adaptation. The slate of extras on the current DVD is great, and I hope they all carry over to the Blu-Ray.
Also, the commentary had some playback issues on the DVD when selecting the extended version. Namely, Behlmer's commentary (as well as Haskell/Raksin's) for the film is interrupted in order to present his abruptly-started commentary over the deleted scene. And Haskell/Raksin's commentary over the regular version actually discusses the deleted scene as if Haskell were watching it. I've always wondered why that was. Either way, I hope this is fixed on the Blu-Ray.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Will the Kazan sets, which are currently sold exclusively at FoxConnect, be offered in general shops as well?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/324734/laura-blu-ray-release-on-february-5th#post_3993610
There will be about 25 classic releases onto BD throughout 2013. A consumer voting process will be utilized for some of these releases. Details will follow in the coming months.
Crawdaddy
Always love the consumer voting stuff - got us the better cover for Sunset Boulevard.

Hopefully those 25 titles don't count the 8 Kazan titles already released in the box sets, but even if that's the case that's 17 new-to-Blu titles.

How Green Was My Valley
Laura
Titanic (1953)

That leaves at least 14. I'd wager Cleopatra (1963) is definitely one as well.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Gregorich said:
Great news.  It will be their fifth title after How Green Was My Valley, Gentleman's Agreement, Wild River and Titanic (1953) which are all coming out on 1/15
This is the first time I've heard about a date for How Green Was My Valley.
I know there is a UK version schedule for 1/28/13 (up for preorder on Amazon UK), but I hadn't seen anything definite about it here in the US (other than a mention in http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/323498/fox-mgm-in-2013-the-great-escape-how-green-was-my-valley-laura-fantastic-voyage-von-ryans-express-hello-dolly that it was coming in 2013).
Is there a thread for that film, or an announcement. It is not up for preorder on Amazon yet
David

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Great news. I sold my DVD of Titanic last Spring in preparation for the blu-ray that I was starting to think was never going to come. Came very close to buying the UK disc a few times. It seems Fox decided on a 50th anniversary of the film rather than the 100th anniversary of the actual disaster.
As for the Kazan blu-rays, I've been putting those on hold as well given that I own the DVD set and that I'm expecting the future wide retail release of the sets will net a better sales price eventually.
David Weicker said:
Is there a thread for that film, or an announcement. It is not up for preorder on Amazon yet
From what I gather, Robert's getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
For me, it's a tie between Laura and The Third Man for best Film Noir of all time. Just a perfect movie. Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb, and Vincent Price are all excellent in it.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Robert Crawford said:
We (HTF) met with Fox yesterday and are meeting with Paramount today.
Crawdaddy
Robert,did they mention The Flight of the Phoenix *original" BD,by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks