Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Replace HTiB front speakers with Denon SC-M5K ok?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   road

road

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have a Yamaha RX-V373 with these speakers Yamaha NS-P20. I would like to slowly replace/upgrade the speakers. A friend offered to sell me cheap a pair of Denon SC-M5K Posted Image Can these replace the front left and right Yamaha speakers? If yes, do I have to do any adjustments to the AVR's settings?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,216 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 10:38 PM

Both sets of speakers are 6 ohms, so there's no technical problem using the Denons. But by replacing just the L/R and using the old center you'll have mismatched fronts. If the sound (timbre) from the different speakers is too different it will sound weird. So if you are planning to continue the upgrade, check to make sure you can still get a matching center. If you can't, try the speakers first to see if you like the sound (and test them with a movie scene that pans from left to right, so you get a chance to experience shifting from the Denon to the Yamaha and back to the Denon). And you'll want to re-calibrate the system, since the speaker will undoubtedly have different sensitivities (to keep the sound correctly balanced).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   road

road

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:43 AM

tq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users