What's new

Fantasy Island (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are several threads on Fantasy Island, but the threads are years old and do not capture discussion just on Fantasy Island. I have S1-S2 on dvd and just received S3 today in the mail. I have only watched a handful of episodes and the ones i watched are very good. The great thing about Fantasy Island is the quality of the episodes! I also notice that Dennis Cole shows up 9 times on fantasy island, which is the second in the number of guest appearances.
I hope that in 2013 we see S4 come out and maybe S5. It would be nice if by 2014 that Fantasy Island is completed!!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've enjoyed the S3 episodes too I've watched, especially my Grail episode in the series with Joan Collins as Cleopatra. This and Love Boat were the ultimate in junk food TV where the silly plots were aided by seeing the big name guests every week. Now if only CBS/Paramount would finally free Love Boat from limbo!
I've noticed in S3 that they made one change in cutting out the humorous byplay between Roarke at Tattoo before they meet the plane. As a result, Herve Villechaize gets a lot less screen time overall compared to the previous seasons.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Yes, i notice Tattoo and Mr Rourke relationship was different. Tattoo seems to be always scheming and/or trying to make fast buck.
Mr Rourke is the key to fantasy island and it was reason that Ricardo M stood out for me. I also like him as Khan!
I watched an episode with Patricia McCormick were her fantasy was to be a chearleader. The guest star was Dan Pastroniani, who was near the end of career.
I watch the two episodes with Dennis Cole and he did an amazing job in both of those episodes. One was called jungle man and the other was called change gang. Dennis Cole was decent actor did not get accolades for his guest star roles. The only claim to fame that he was once married to Jaclyn Smith!
I remember as 10-11 year-old kid that my saturday nights included watching the love boat and fantasy island back to back. I still prefer fantasy island due to the fantasy.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Jack P said:
This and Love Boat were the ultimate in junk food TV where the silly plots were aided by seeing the big name guests every week. Now if only CBS/Paramount would finally free Love Boat from limbo!
Yes, please! More Love Boat!

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
After MST3k, Fantasy Island is my favorite show (I grew up watching it too). For years I've been wanting to see the Lynda Day George 'With Affection, Jack The Ripper' episode again. That might be my favorite one. The Joan Collins/Ron Ely 'Cleopatra' episode is cool.
younger1968 said:
I watch the two episodes with Dennis Cole and he did an amazing job in both of those episodes. One was called jungle man and the other was called change gang. Dennis Cole was decent actor did not get accolades for his guest star roles.
Totally agree. He was an underrated actor and was great on the show. Last weekend I saw the 'Fountain Of Youth' ep he was on.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
rmw650 said:
Videoeta.com is reporting a Season 4 release of the show but no date has been mentioned as of this writing, so it is possibly coming, maybe around the first quarter 2013.
I would think March 2014. I watched a couple more episodes last night including ones with Leslie Nielsen and Barbie Benton. Barbie Benton is up there with Dennis Cole on the number of guest appearance.
i still like to watch fantasy island at 10PM on saturday night as then when it used to air.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
rmw650 said:
I haven't seen this show in almost 20 years and the same with Love Boat...thank goodness for DVDs! And Love Boat needs to be resumed, but no more of these volumed releases..
I
I had not seen either Fantasy Island or Love Boat for a long time. I am glad that Fantasy Island has now released three seasons and hope over the next few years the series is completed.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am wondering if S4 is coming out this year, like May/Jun time frame. I have S1-S3 on dvd and love this show. I remember watching the show as 10-12 in late 70s and early 80s. Fantasy Island used to come on at 10PM after Love Boat! I have decided to watch S1, especially the pilot and the return to fantasy island. Vicky Principal was in the pilot for Fantasy Island and she was hottie and still is!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am watching return to Fantasy Island and it has Adrienne Barbeau. I have never really felt Adrienne Barbeau was that great looking.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Shout's been slow to announce S4 compared to the relative quick period between S2 and S3, but I've also noticed that *all* titles they licensed from Sony seem to be in a stalled state right now. Nothing further of Rookies, Police Story, Police Woman or any other Sony title they were doing.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Jack P said:
Shout's been slow to announce S4 compared to the relative quick period between S2 and S3, but I've also noticed that *all* titles they licensed from Sony seem to be in a stalled state right now. Nothing further of Rookies, Police Story, Police Woman or any other Sony title they were doing.
I thought I read in another thread that Shout! Factory no longer had the rights to release Sony owned programs. I think I read that Sony was going to release their own shows going forward. You may not see any more announcements from Shout! about future seasons of Fantasy Island. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I knew that Sony was going to start releasing more of their stuff themselves which they have been doing, but I wasn't aware that meant their agreements on the ones they alerady licensed out were dead. Too bad if that's the case for FI at least.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Jack P said:
I knew that Sony was going to start releasing more of their stuff themselves which they have been doing, but I wasn't aware that meant their agreements on the ones they alerady licensed out were dead. Too bad if that's the case for FI at least.
I hope that Shout! will at least continue to release Fantasy Island. They have done an excellent job with it so far. They will give it much better treatment than Sony ever will.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
phenri said:
I hope that Shout! will at least continue to release Fantasy Island. They have done an excellent job with it so far. They will give it much better treatment than Sony ever will.
We would still be waiting for S3!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I was hoping that we would see S4 released this year, but it is looking very doubtful. Novemebr/December tend to be very light in terms of releases, so i am wondering if S4 is going to be released then it is likely to show up in 2014.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
younger1968 said:
I would think March 2014. I watched a couple more episodes last night including ones with Leslie Nielsen and Barbie Benton. Barbie Benton is up there with Dennis Cole on the number of guest appearance. i still like to watch fantasy island at 10PM on saturday night as then when it used to air.
I was just going to mention that I can remember my parents watching Hee Haw on Saturday night and then watching LB and FI, too. Now you've went and tied Hee Haw and Fantasy Island in together.....lol. Barbie was/is quite a talented lady.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
younger1968 said:
I was hoping that we would see S4 released this year, but it is looking very doubtful. Novemebr/December tend to be very light in terms of releases, so i am wondering if S4 is going to be released then it is likely to show up in 2014.
I hope Shout! resumes releases on this one. I wonder where the license deals stand with Shout these days.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I was hoping that we would hear information if S4 was going to be released for Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island is one of my all-time favourite shows!!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'd love for it to continue.

I'm kind of picky when it comes to this show though. I feel I have to watch it alongside 'The Love Boat', and with that title stalled as well I guess I just don't care much anymore. If both titles are back on the menu, then I'd buy them on the first day they're available for pre-order

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks