What's new

November Criterion sale 2012 Does anyone know the date yet? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sale is live now -- 50% off Criterions. No coupons online except for member coupon code R4B4J3K which will allow 8 off $40 single disc and 5 off $50 total purchase. Somewhat limited compared to some of the instore combinations with member discounts and the occasional coupon (rumor to be some coupons by the end of the week via email).
Of note the preorders for titles released after the sale ends -- 11/20 Heavens Gate plus the 4 December titles (Qatsi Trilogy, Purple Noon, Brazil, Following) can be ordered at 50% off for now. Last year they shut this down by mid morning so go now if you are interested

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I went to a B&N store this afternoon and picked up The Game and had them order me a copy of Rosemary's Baby (the only one they had in stock was on hold for a guy who called in). The guy said that more were already on the way so I'm sure I'll have it by Friday.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I tried pre-ordering Purple Noon, Heaven's Gate and Brazil today, but the discount didn't show. I guess I'll wait for the next sale in July.
Though today at a brick & mortar, I picked up three I'd been pining for: Rosemary's Boo-boo, Charade and The Double Life of Veronique.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
gruagach said:
I tried pre-ordering Purple Noon, Heaven's Gate and Brazil today, but the discount didn't show. I guess I'll wait for the next sale in July.
Though today at a brick & mortar, I picked up three I'd been pining for: Rosemary's Boo-boo, Charade and The Double Life of Veronique.
As expected the preorders were taken down for those items released after the end date of the sale. Last year it took less than 12 hours to remove them, this year they left it for a few days though that looks over. For those looking for getting them before July, there should be a 40% off sale the week before Christmas just like last year. Depending on available coupons, that still isn't too bad.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Even though I selected to have all items shipped together in order to take advantage of free shipping, B&N has already shipped Rosemary's Baby, even though the other titles in the order were all pre-orders. :tu:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Did a number on the wallet at two B&N stores yesterday, which frankly doesn't leave me sad that the pre-order opportunity is gone!

Actually, I've had very little problem keeping up with the latest releases of my personal must-have titles. My problem now is when I start doing some leisurely, intensive browsing and study of the zillions of older titles, and in getting very interested in many of them. In that regard, there is so much to catch up on. I'm loving it, even as it will be my ruin.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Wife and I each got one of their "mystery" discount coupons in our e-mails. Nice man at my B&N let me use both (ringing them seperately); both turned out to be extra 50%! Got "Amarcord" and "Vanya on 42nd Street" on blu-ray for $9.99 each.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
A few people in a couple of threads have said the sale looks to be extended, but I'm finding nothing to go on in the way of confirming it. Anyone got an official word on that?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
Well before HG was not 50% off.
Now it is. seems pretty clear. Maybe call a store and ask?
Initially HG was 50% off along with all 4 December releases, then all those releases as well as the early November were removed from the sale (a lot of Sandy issues),
then surprisingly they added most of those back to the 50% off (except Brazil apparently).
I've been told twice during in-store buys that it's been extended to the 26th, but nothing official online yet I guess it's possible this might be an instore only discount
before the other post BF sales kick in.
11/27/2012 - 12/3/2012 -- 50% off Cable TV shows
12/4/2012 - 12/10/2012 -- 50% off British TV shows
12/11/2012 - 12/17/2012 -- 40% off all/most Bluray (originally supposed to be 12/18-12-24 so there is still some doubt here)
Some rumors also of a couple new coupons for next week -- 25 and maybe 30% off

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Purple Noon was also a 4 Dec release that didn't make the sale. A pity I couldn't grab it when it was included. Oh well, my unwatched pile will see me through.:)

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I was trying to nail the Nov. 20th release "When Horror Came to Shochiku" at 50% off, but as of yet, no go.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ladies and Germs, I have just been told by two stores -- Newburgh NY and Poughkeepsie NY -- that the sale has been extended. One said the 26th, the other said maybe even the end of the month.

Whatever... either way... Woo hoo!

Even if my wallet has a slightly different opinion.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Online and instore sales in full swing.
New all users online code for 30% off as expected -- T9P3E3W
New coupon also available good 11/23-11/25
Anybody who wants to try it instore Wed is welcome as these often are active immediately despite the dates.
BN Master Coupon Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks